The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Card clips for steals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
If you wear a vest , like I do , I've four loads under the vest , better works for flat loads like a jumbo coin cards or even a candle and sometimes its funny how you can take your time stealing a load under people noses while they are busy watching silk fountain. Stealing is what makes an act magical. About the tony clark clip ... it's practical and works, the added band gives the desired security to the load but does not stand in your way when I'm loaded I test my loads that way ...I jump few times to check if something will fall. Try it. It will save you embarrassment on stage. The tricky part about any holder or droper is it should hold things firmly but yet easy to grab and aquire .
JamesRaymond
View Profile
New user
Elkhart, IN (USA)
49 Posts

Profile of JamesRaymond
Thanks Bill. I know that it might be getting off topic but I believe that is where the magic is, when it comes to manipulation. If you do not know when the performer is reloading or ditching an item(s)then he/she is doing something right. Anyone can pretty much learn how to produce a card and make it vanish but to produce fans and single cards over and over and over is the hard part to master. And to me would be the most rewarding. I love the information I am getting from you all here...thank you all very much.

Again, sorry to go off topic.
Are you watching closely?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I've used Ian's Clip for years....it's Dumb simple, holds great and never fails.

And it's inexpensive.

Highly reccomended.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-10-01 19:01, Rainboguy wrote:
I've used Ian's Clip for years....it's Dumb simple, holds great and never fails.

And it's inexpensive.

Highly reccomended.

Thanks Dad.
Danny Tong sells MY clips for twice my price.
Dumb simple, dirt cheap and they still knock it off.
Then I still have to convince people... what a biz.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I remember Patrick Page advocated pinning the holder to the pants rather than the coat in his controversial _Big Book of Magic_. That may be fine if you have no arm movements that raise the bottom edge of the coat to a height that would expose the hidden billiard balls. My dancing cane routine requires raising my arm for the around the body move, and since I do my billiard ball routine after the dancing cane number, I had to be careful that raising my arms did not expose the holders.

I also attach two clips to a cardboard rectangle and then the cardboard rectangle is attached to the coat. That helps to minimize the "pull/drag" factor.

About Patrick's book. It's a great reference book, even though it was written for the public. You will read at
http://www.lybrary.com/the-big-book-of-magic-p-54258.html
"...the book is so good that Patrick Page was expelled from the IBM (International Brotherhood of Magicians) because some felt that too many secrets were exposed. He was later reinstated once people realized that writing good magic books is really in the interest of all."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
These look very nice, Ian. I don't do this kind of work, but I would buy these if I did!

Quote:
On 2012-02-24 08:54, magicians wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 22:07, magicians wrote:
My universal utility clips were used by Jeff for many years. It's been knocked off by many dealers.
https://www.google.com/search?ie=utf-8&r......ity+clip

Endorsed by Jeff McBride, Lance Burton, used by Irv Weiner and Paul Gertner just to mention a few. Used for tail coat steals, lapel, vest or jacket.
Good enough to be copied and sold by some very noted lecturers.
Mine will hold cards (full bridge deck or half a poker deck), spread of 6 coins, silks, Jumbo coin (super quiet), rope, 6 cigarettes etc. and best of all it's still the same price as it was in the 70's.Sell out at Tannens convention (300 pieces). If I don't tell you, no one else will. Made of real soft leather.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Not to hijack this thread, but I introduced the clips at a Tannens convention 1977. I wasn't a dealer, but Bob Little let me put a "card" of a dozen clips at his booth (on consignment). The first dozen sold out within minutes. I refilled that card 15 times (15 dozen) during the weekend. At the time, there was nothing like it. Manipulators were using them for tailcoat steals, close-up guys would sew the clips into lapels collars and vests. I used them for flowers, rope, coins, even cigarettes. Never gouged on the price $1.50 when they first appeared in 1977, they are still low priced and now made of leather instead of plastic as when first released. I was just thrilled to have something accepted by the top professionals in the country. Unlike most "dealers", when my products are used and accepted it is like an extension of me and there is a pride involved. It is not just a sale, it is a problem solved for the performer.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Universal utility clips looks very nice

I just ordered 2 Smile
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com