The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
I have a dove that I would like to release (in a theatre) and I would like it to fly where directed (specific location). I know of a method but not 100% sure of the workings. Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you!
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Doves can be trained to fly to specific spots on or off stage. However, the dove, having a mind of its own, does not always do as it is expected, so expecting 100% may not be feasable.

That being said, Dave Womach has a good series of instructional DVD's in training birds to fly where you want. There are also other magicians out there offering this information and a quick search around the Café should give you a list.

Good luck.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I never got my doves to fly to a specific location. Birds want to find the highest point they can land on.

One method to keep a bird still, is to have the bird use the perch stand at home all the time. Even connect a feed box for their food and treats. This suggest to them that if they go to this place food and water will be waiting.

I just usually placed them on the perch stand and they stayed.