The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Werewolf + Vampire effects...know of any ? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2024, George Hunter wrote:
Gemini Artifacts has offered a Kurotsuke prop--old wooden box, an old mesh bag, and five musket balls--four lead and one silver, all assigned to serve a werewolves theme.

Which reminds me of a a comedian's "advice" some years ago: "Never moon a werewolf."

George

Any chance you could share the name of the effect or link? My search skills are failing me. Smile
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2024, The Curator wrote:
Https://youtu.be/2HPDbDmUmoM

The most complete thing about the subject

Greetings sir. Is this available in English? I found the video quite intriguing and used a translation site for reading the information. Thank you.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2024, Tony Miller wrote:
Quote:
Gemini Artifacts has offered a Kurotsuke prop--old wooden box, an old mesh bag, and five musket balls--four lead and one silver, all assigned to serve a werewolves theme.

Which reminds me of a a comedian's "advice" some years ago: "Never moon a werewolf."

George

Any chance you could share the name of the effect or link? My search skills are failing me. Smile

I forget the name of the effect. One of the coolest things about it ( besides the props, the box especially) is that it is based on a true event that occurred in France, with much historical material accessible. There's even a movie based on the real events. Where wolf? There wolf!
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2024, reese wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

George

I forget the name of the effect. One of the coolest things about it ( besides the props, the box especially) is that it is based on a true event that occurred in France, with much historical material accessible. There's even a movie based on the real events. Where wolf? There wolf!

Thank you.
__
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
OK. I found the prop. I still don't remember what name Vic sold it under. But the history can be tracked down with the name "Gevaudan wolf" A great prop. I prefer other neck biters though. G'luck in your search.
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Quote:
OK. I found the prop. I still don't remember what name Vic sold it under. But the history can be tracked down with the name "Gevaudan wolf" A great prop. I prefer other neck biters though. G'luck in your search.

Is the effect "The Bog""? - see: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14
To infinity, and beyond!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:

Greetings sir. Is this available in English? I found the video quite intriguing and used a translation site for reading the information. Thank you.

Alas, not at the moment.
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2024, The Curator wrote:
Quote:

Alas, not at the moment.

Thank you. Time for me to learn a new language.
__
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
274 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Probably won't last long, but there is a rare copy of Prof BC's Lycanthrope Moon for sale at Gemini Artifacts ( https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products......ce-coins ). Wanted that one for a while, looks like a gorgeous werewolf effect
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The first weapon you need, an early XVIIIth century werewolf musket is always a good start...

and don't forget the silver bullets...

nor the reliquary of the True Cross (1730)

reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2024, Skeleton wrote:
Quote:

Is the effect "The Bog""? - see: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14
Yes, that's the one.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Vampyres is : a complete study about how the vampyre came to our traditions (the vampyre hypothesis); a show based on "how to book a vampyre killer, while you know he's a fraud" (many original routines) and a very unique routine based on Dracula.

Here's one of the routines contained in Vampyres.

ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I was surprised to find this thread alive, given that my first answer was 21 years ago.

I love the theme of lycanthropy, and have done an entire show based around it. It has figured prominently in several other performances.

One really cool routine that I did was Full Moon Rising by Doug Higley. You can search the Cafe for more on that one.unfortunately, you would have to get quite lucky to find a set of original Higley props for that one.