The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Ventrilo-Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Does anyone have the book "Ventrilo-Magic" by Bill Boley? I would like a review...THANKS!
Brett Cantrell
View Profile
New user
Valdosta, Georgia
71 Posts

Profile of Brett Cantrell
Sure thing,

Bill Boley has some very interesting stuff in the book that directly involves the use of the figure in the magic effect. Levitating the figure, quick costume changes, appearances and disappearances, etc. A few sections on sample dialogue and a list at the end of some purchaseable tricks that can be used (one-handed for instance.) Printed in 1977 its a little dated but very adaptable material.
I think the booklet goes for under $10.00, so if Magic and Ventriloquism combined is your thing. . . you gotta get it.

Hope that helped,
Brett
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I will sell you mine for $5!
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I have two books on the subject. The first is the one you inquired about, and I give it a C. The book I preferred is Mental Magic with a Ventriloquist Figure. I found the routines, while dated were much better all around. Both have some good ideas, I just preferred the second. The books are so cheap though, you might as well get them both. You can't go wrong.

Steven
Coram Deo
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
I love the book. It's a bit old but there are still great effects in the book.

Markus
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I was very fortunate to know Bill Boley during his last few years, and he was absolutely one of the nicest guys who ever walked the earth.

The Ventrilo-Magic book has lots of good ideas for combining magic with vent, and it may get your mind thinking of other ways to combine the two arts. I recommend it. (Love the dummy levitation... I really should build that one of these days!)

See ya!
Joe L. Smile
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/