The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: How to produce my son (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
My parents first produced me onto stage when I was 10 days old at Abbott's

However, when I was three my father put me into the act.
he created a shadow like box illusion that I appeared
in then he built the world's smallest temple of benares
that I did.

I had forgotten about the shadow like box, until we
got the Chili TV special we did on the
"World's Greatest Magicians Tour"

It was great fun. I know he built another, but he actually
ended up selling the original while we were in South
American after the two month tour.

My father was a genius and now considered a legend.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Heartwarming story, Marshall. Thank you for sharing that. I always love hearing the history of your family.

Thank you, guys, for the previous threads. I hadn't seen those. Very helpful. I think I was on the right track with using two doors. I'm going to use a wide base that is above the floor on casters so the whole thing can be revolved before the production. Also, the "door frame" will be wide enough to permit showing all sides before hand.
And the two doors will open in opposite directions. I have my dimensions fairly well worked out. This will only be performed in a stage setting.

However, I am now focused on two important issues: breaking it down for storage and transport and also ease of reassembly on site, and also making sure the frame is steady on the base during use. Any advice/ design pointers on this would be very welcomed.

My son is looking forward to doing this with me. It's a great idea and should play very strong because of the approach. Thanks to everyone.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
How to produce my son?

Love and Magic. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Yes, he's my best trick.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
James,

You can use the Dutch Door method. These will fold in half for transportation. Pin hinges on the frame will allow it to fold or come apart easily as well. Keep it fastened to the base though (just folds for size consideration) and you can roll the whole thing around. The Dutch Doors can also be hinged so they fold for transport and storage and lock in place for performance. Hollow core doors can be used, as they are much lighter than solid doors. A small strip of pine fills the gap in the core if you cut them in half ala. DD's.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-02-02 12:23, JamesinLA wrote:
Yes, he's my best trick.

Jim

Smile Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2012-01-25 19:32, Oliver Ross wrote:
I think Chris Stolz (spelling correct ???) braught out an illusion plan for an appearance of a person in a doorway. He's quite often around here at the Café. Drop him a PM.

Oliver.

Sorry for popping a thread back to the top. But it's only a couple of months old.

I just stumbled across the illusion plan referenced in this post:

http://www.lybrary.com/honey-im-home-p-76024.html

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Donald. I think that is a very clever take on the normal doorway illusion.
Mine is a little different due to the concept of the door and I'm going with the mummy case approach per Jay's suggestion above. I've started building it and will post a picture when it's done.

Jim
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2012-01-25 22:26, magicwatcher2005 wrote:
I produced my son on a couch in a small apartment with help from several bottles of wine

is this method have copyright?
I might be copy this idea....