The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: Busking ideas for Atlantic Coast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Noaidi333
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Noaidi333
Greetings All,

Fairly new to the forum, but have been drinking up all the amazing knowledge from some amazing performers here. Thank you first and foremost! My wife and I are musicians and paranormal performers and while we have a little experience on stage- we are new to the busking realm.

We are traveling from Virginia to St. Augustine, Florida with stops in Wilmington, NC; Charleston, SC; Savannah, GA and northern Florida with the express interest in trying our luck at busking. While the season is certainly not prime for the picking, it is what we have to work with this time out. Can anyone make suggestions or lend tips on any of these locations or other locales that might be on our course south?

Thank you so much and blessings!
Caine
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Caine, I am located one hour South of Savannah, Georgia and one hour North of Jacksonville, Florida in Brunswick, Georgia. You will pass us on I 95.

At exit 29, there is a truck stops of America. I am not certain how the managers would feel about busking there, but you could check in with them. They have food, showers, fuel and rest areas for travelers.

Glenn
Noaidi333
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Noaidi333
Thanks a lot, Glenn! We will definitely keep this idea in mind!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Caine, I know the area you are talking about pretty well.

The trouble is your time line and the fact that weather is against you. What you should really think about doing is to go directly to your southernmost location as fast as you can, spend a month there, and then take your time coming back.

As to how far south to go, I'd suggest at least as far south as Daytona Beach (on the east), and Clearwater Beach (on the west).
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Caine, if you take Chance's advice, I have a friend who lives in New Symrna Beach. He is a retired federal agent and has hooked me up with some of the local police there. He could assist you with any questions you have about that area.

Glenn
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I was down in Charleston SC last week and they were still having some nice weather. Here is a link to some information on Busking in Charleston.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=6

Hope this helps and let us know when you are in the area maybe we can get down to see you perform

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Noaidi333
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Noaidi333
Thanks again, Glenn and big thanks to Chance and kOnO as well! The time of year is certainly not ideal for this, but it's a much needed vacation from the "real world" for a little while and maybe we can offset some bed and breakfast fares in the process!

Caine