The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: My review of 56 iPhone Magic Apps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
Yes, the simple version has become a little overused and common amongst iPhone users.

Hi Steve,

I'll share the exact UK numbers with you.
There are 22,215 iForce users in the UK.
There are over 10 million iPhones/iPod Touches in the UK.

The chances of you performing iForce for someone that has it on their iOS device is 1 in 450.

The population of the UK is 62 million.
The chances of you performing iForce to anyone that knows about it in the UK is 1 in 2790.

If you've seen someone else (other then a magician) with a copy of iForce on their device, you've been VERY lucky. I WISH more people had iForce, but at the present the numbers are REALLY SMALL.

In the US, over the last 2.5 years I've only bumped into two people that either had it or knew someone else that had it.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I've had several magicians show me the app. They both did the 1 to 4 version, which didn't fool anyone for obvious reasons. 1-8 is a lot stronger, especially when you tie it into something like the heads or tails trick or a multiple out. I have my own trick I do with it, which I might release one day.

On that note, with the next update can you give us the option to change the background image (rather than just White) as we can draw on photos then, and I see lots of opportunities with that - such as did I draw glasses, earrings, a hat, a scarf, a goatee, a scar, a bogie, or a fangs on a photo of the face. You could even take the photograph of the person your performing the trick on. the photo is in the photo album so you just select in in app, and have the eight drawings already set. You can then save the final picture and e-mail it them with your contact details in the signature.

If you could make the background image change in the same way as the drawing, that gives you an eight way multiple out for tricks like cataclysm, one away and think of a card also.

Steve
neomaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of neomaster
Does "Magic With The iPhone by Nicholas Byrd" is a 'video based effect'?
Alakazapps
View Profile
New user
London, UK
28 Posts

Profile of Alakazapps
Hi all,

I came across this post and since some of my apps are mentioned I thought I'd post to say a massive update to my app Magic Stage is hitting the App Store at the end of the week.

I've been working on the update for months. Adding features like the ability to enter 'Performance Mode' to take the heat off the app in performance situations. Plus it includes two new tricks.

Love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.alakazapps.com/comingsoon.html

Thanks,

Matt
Alakazapps!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
FWIW, IForce has been one of my best small investments in magic. The people I show it to really, really like it. Worth many times its price to me.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
May I humbly request that my new app gets considered for review?
www.cardnowapp.com
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Massive thank you to ku7uk3!!!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Thanks for great review

One warning

The Andy Nyman App

I was going to purchase but read some if the
reviews and IT IS NOT iPhone 5

Or OS6 Compatable

so until the update I think I will hold off
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Chessmann,

Since you're a fan of iForce, did you see my latest video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJaqjD3GEc4

Happy New Year,
Greg Rostami
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I am looking for an app that can reveal a playing card in a photo that has just been taken. There was a similar trick on the market some years back that used a Polaroid camera. It was called Say Cheese by Mike Bent. Anyone remembers it?

Thanks in advance.
Yours,

Ivan
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
If you get a mo, check out MagiDate which is the card at a birthday effect using the actual iPhone diary. Here's the link below;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/magidate/id996208135?mt=8

As it uses the native iPhone calendar, it doesn't jump out as an App!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
michaelpicard
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of michaelpicard
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2016, niva wrote:
I am looking for an app that can reveal a playing card in a photo that has just been taken. There was a similar trick on the market some years back that used a Polaroid camera. It was called Say Cheese by Mike Bent. Anyone remembers it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi I am currently working on this idea
Adeofspades
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Adeofspades
My top picks are Inject, ipredict pro, legion and iCube (requires hardware). Great apps!
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2016, niva wrote:

Thanks in advance.

My app "ghost card" does something similar to that. It's iPhone only, demo video link on the AppStore.
https://appsto.re/us/uaYEK.i
Bella Dans
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
20 Posts

Profile of Bella Dans
I have ipredict pro works amazing, might some of the recommended one after reading this, thanks Chessman.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here's a live performance of me using MagiDate at the Magic Circle in November. This is UNEDITED and although I'm performing this on stage, it's obviously ideal for close up - hope you like it...

https://youtu.be/U6mSbEAwyDI
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here's a live performance of me using MagiDate at the Magic Circle in November. This is UNEDITED and although I'm performing this on stage, it's obviously ideal for close up - hope you like it...

https://youtu.be/U6mSbEAwyDI

unable to find this
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”