The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Favourite Impromptu Routine?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
If you always carry an ITR you can levitate something like someones ring or keys anytime.
Just a thought.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Based on the international response to "In Your Pocket" I offer it to anyone for the asking (in return for feedback)

It is the most powerful impromptu effect you will ever perform! Zero preparation or practice -- just confidence and presence.

While normally presented as a mentalism demonstration, the point is to make the spectator the hero and understanding that the magic happens within them. It is easy to seque into any spectator involved conjury effect and then the world ;-)

write me at gusarimagic@comcast.net
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1453 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I also love doing 'ambitious card' especially with a borrowed deck. I carry a thumb tip and a swami gimmick as well. Prepares me for nearly anything.
Mentalism in Ontario.
rmann
View Profile
New user
Milton VT and a forum newbie with only
96 Posts

Profile of rmann
Besides those already mentioned:

"Coin through handkerchief" penetration
"Bending Pencil" using a borrowed pencil
"Coin transformation" changing a dime or penny into a quarter.

With the last one, you really have to watch your angles, but it looks absolutely miraculous when done correctly. Takes only a second to set up and ends clean.
_

Pastor Ray Mann

Champlain Valley Church of the Nazarene

St. Albans, VT (USA)

"...to Him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever." Ps 136:4
BenGGie
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of BenGGie
PK touches by Banachek.
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
The watch stop can be a very powerful impromptu mental routine. No set up and the gimmick is hidden.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Simple rete****n vanishes and productions can be very effective, especially if you make the coins appear to go through solid objects (tables, hands, etc.). If I really want to blow someone's mind, I still use the version of Recapped that Gregory Wilson has on his On The Spot video. Simple, ungimmicked fun that is incredibly easy, which I think is one of the reasons that it is so devastating. If you haven't picked this up yet, I highly recommend it!
nathanernest
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of nathanernest
Borrow 3 coins and perform 3 Fly. Obviously you need to be a little prepared with an extra item but that's easy enough. Really sells the idea that you borrowed everything for the trick.

Finger effects don't feel like magic because most people can attempt to copy them and will usually do well enough to work out whats going on. However, they are perfect at getting the audience warmed up. The only exception to this so far is Finger Fantasies which people attempt but can't get it right enough to commit their minds to the method.
---------
Nath
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2012-03-25 17:38, funsway wrote:
Based on the international response to "In Your Pocket" I offer it to anyone for the asking (in return for feedback)

It is the most powerful impromptu effect you will ever perform! Zero preparation or practice -- just confidence and presence.

While normally presented as a mentalism demonstration, the point is to make the spectator the hero and understanding that the magic happens within them. It is easy to seque into any spectator involved conjury effect and then the world ;-)

write me at gusarimagic@comcast.net

I just received this from Ken. An interesting little effect.

Ken is correct. It will take confidence and presence. And there is no learning it without doing and risking failure until you gain both the confidence and the presence. Analogous to learning the classic force...and gaining the confidence by failure that, progressively, turns into more and more successes until the classic force becomes second nature and is able to be confidently used.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Italia16
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Italia16
I usually do something with either rubberbands or coins.
WillStagner
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of WillStagner
Not really magic, but there's always spontaneous hypnotism.
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
While I quite often carry gimmicked bills, I.T., T.Tips, etc - the word "impromptu" to me means no gimmicks, unusual items, or set-up involved.

Coins Across or Coins Thru Table using any ungimmicked method
Two In The Hand, One In The Pocket
Twisting Arm illusion
Sinful coin in soda can
Rubber Band effects
Linking Matches

and a zillion ungimmicked card effects if there's a deck handy.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
ROSHAMBO... Fools the laymen as well as any seasoned magician!!!
Can be done on the net or over the phone...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Two in the hand, one in the pocket as Dai Hard said.
And of course the Sylvester pitch with coins, lighters, purses and everything I can steal from a table and put it in my pocket!!
Searching for the magic side of life...
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Al Schneider's routine of putting a ring on a pen and haveing a spectastor hold it - the ring vanishes and ends up on one of your right fingers. Great routine!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Jefferson
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Jefferson
Recap is great. I like the ending from aoa but the thirs phase from on the spot
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Quote:
On 2012-04-23 22:49, Slim King wrote:
ROSHAMBO... Fools the laymen as well as any seasoned magician!!!
Can be done on the net or over the phone...

--------------------
still havent figured it out and you called me a over a year ago......looking for you to announce it is for sale
Er1tro
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
124 Posts

Profile of Er1tro
With a borrowed deck the effect ''out of this world'' will work also if the card are really old and damaged.
Like Dai Hard said the effect ''sinful, coin thru soda can'' is great, and you need only a can, a coin (and a marker, but also scratch the coin with something like a forks is fine for me).
My favorite one remains the ''twisting arm illusion''! It's so direct and strong!
With a borrowed watch there is ''pk time'' from Banachek that I like a lot.
I carry with me in my wallet ''Kolossal killer'', a mini bicycle card (to use after a force) and two little plastic matches with black dots on them (to use with the paddle move). On my keys the ''rinkey dinky''.
If the only purpose is to entertain people making a napkin disappear like Copperfield does in ''the vanishing egg'' will be a lot of fun!