The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Recommendations for impromptu gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I always keep a few rubber bands on my arm. I over-looked rubber bands for years... but they're just being work on your arm; they're examinable; and everyone is familiar with them. Also... a universal vanisher is good to have hooked up in a jacket! or EVERY jacket!
slyrich
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of slyrich
I second getting on the spot...the confidence it will give you as a performer will way surpass anything a gimmick or two will provide you with.
Felman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Felman
I carry always TT with me and some app tricks on my Galaxy smartphone like Houdini's last trick, Coin in phone and Danny Garcia's iCard (which is actually not an app, but just a bunch of photos of cards). The last one has gotten lots of positive reactions and failed only once. For iCard you need to carry also two of hearts with you, but that fits perfectly in my phone case.
Felman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Felman
And I forgot to add, loops (or bands since I tie them myself Smile ) are also great for impromptu gimmicks. Just be careful with lighting conditions.
havagrim
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of havagrim
Id go for books and dvds, and learn impromptu tricks instead for gimmicks). BUT if you really want some good gimmicks, the TT will get your far. Rubber bands is also great. I always carry some aswell. Loops has been mentioned. Ive used them some, and they can sure do some great effects. Selftying shoelace is a nice effect I use alot. As is dresscode from Calen Morelli. Calen Morelli has some nice rubber band effects and tricks with a package of gum. Gimmicks, but you can make it yourself. Check out his DVD Funtion 9. Really good stuff there. Really like that one.

Coins is always nice aswell. Doing tricks with normal ones and then mix in some gaff (pen/cigarette thru coin, coin in bottle etc) is a nice strong combo.

And Richard Sanders extreme and slow burn is also a very nice money tricks. Also you could get another pen thru bill then mislead. There is also ways to do mislead with no gimmick, and pen thru bill with un-gimmicked pens. Pretty nice stuff. Eric James - Misleading mislead is a nice handling for a non gimmick version.

And besides loops, IT can be nice if you get a good hook-up and get used to working with it.

There is toons of stuff for what you are looking for. Just check some magic store for "Street magic" Smile

Ronnie
"The world is my playground"
Magician from Sweden.
Miguel Abril
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Miguel Abril
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 11:17, Felman wrote:
And I forgot to add, loops (or bands since I tie them myself Smile ) are also great for impromptu gimmicks. Just be careful with lighting conditions.

How do you carry them around with care?
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
I personally find that Ignition is a very good "impromptu" gimmick Smile