The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Thought Paths by Iain Dunford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
krakhead
View Profile
Regular user
I have built a fence, it has
126 Posts

Profile of krakhead
I received this nearly a fortnight ago. I said at that time -
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 06:09, krakhead wrote:
This just arrived! A lovely looking little thing and after a fairly brief glance through whilst drinking my morning coffee I have to say - wonderful, just wonderful Smile

This should be added to every readers book shelf without reservation. Like certain board games - 'a minute to learn, a lifetime to master', this is something you will use. I am utterly smitten! Smile

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......um=15&29

Firstly, I want to re-iterate and expand upon something I consider very important - this book LOOKS beautiful. It's quite small (6" x 4" - ish), but perfectly formed. This may seem unimportant to many, but in this time of e-books it made a great difference to me to read something that had clearly had a lot of thought go into it's layout/presentation/typesetting - I think I gave this book far more consideration in this format than if I had received the information in a pdf.

(this isn't an argument against e-books, I just wanted, hopefully, to plant a little seed to other authors that a little more thought into the presentation of ideas goes a long way to encouraging the reader (well, this reader anyway) to spend more time with it) Like a good chef that knows the first bite is with the eyes, Iain has created something that I considered hugely appealing even before I began to read it properly.

OK, that's my Kubrick-esque 'OCD style fascination with fonts and type-setting' bit out of the way Smile

The idea presented in this book has to do with the use of numbers in a reading - but not a numerologist in sight, no long lists of correspondences, just a simple idea that you could expand on for as long as you wished.

Imagine someone choosing a tarot card and, purely from the number on that card, before you've even got to the rest of the symbolism, you are giving the sitter a reading on what lead them to choosing that card in terms of their own personal journey. It's a hook to draw them in to the reading even more thoroughly than (I'm sure) you already do Smile

But, obviously I hope, it has no reliance on the use of tarot cards - Birthdays, dice throws, picking a handful of toothpicks out of a dispenser, car registration plates - these are all ways I have used so far to 'divine' a number to give someone a reading using the thought path technique - and they have worked beautifully for me.

If you are in any way performing as a reader I would recommend this wholeheartedly, it's not rocket science, it's no Vitruvian Square, it's a simple idea (aren't they always the best?) that WILL add a little extra 'something' to your readings. This isn't a meal, it's a seasoning (to return to my food analogy) - and good food demands good seasoning. This is Michelin star quality Smile

I understand that this works beautifully with Iain's AEIOU - I wouldn't know yet, but I will because, on the evidence of this release, I have no doubt that it will be a worthwhile purchase.
He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological and powerful. So don't listen to him. Remember that - do not listen
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I couldn't agree more.

And after this weekend I can say that Iain is a really nice guy.
Completely weird and shouldn't be let out unsupervised. But nice nontheless.

AEIOU is just as good as Thought Paths

get it

steve
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Never release me off my chain...

thanks fellas...glad you like and use 'em...

I always enjoy mix 'n match fluid ways of applying techniques...aeiou and thought-paths are exactly that...

cheers
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
http://thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk/readings/thought-paths

for those that have asked about ecopies, this is now available from bev's wonderful site...
I've asked to be banned
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Yes, Thought-Paths and AEIOU can work exquisitely well together.

I personally love AEIOU because it added so much to some thing I was practicing.

Of course Iain is an a.s.s.hole Smile but his thinking is pretty good and I recommend his books to both novices and experts alike!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I love Iain's books they are brilliant.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Cheers fellas...

and of course I'm a massive @rsehole... I was tutored by paolo! ha! love you really mate...

and thank you mr zen...very kind of you sir...

its hard to describe thought-paths, its not really numerology, not really thought-dial - but can be used with both, you can answer questions with it (it was its original purpose)...

and hopefully its an unique perspective with how you handle the question, as you can describe what it feels like (to deal with that question)...

and used for many mentalism presentations too, as well as add-ons to tarot, cartomancy, and all kinds of other things...

and its fun and easy to use!
I've asked to be banned