The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: TWINS by Nefesch (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Anyone Know when we are gonna recieve this?

Kieran
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 10:19, magicman29 wrote:
Anyone Know when we are gonna recieve this?

Kieran

Some have already received it!

I already started sending them.

So your is also in the list, and must be on its way Smile

It seems that Christmas came earlier this year !!!

Nefesch
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can this be done via telephone without looking at the spectator?

Regards,
Mike
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Only on Fridays. Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 16:06, insight wrote:
Can this be done via telephone without looking at the spectator?

Regards,
Mike

There are two versions that can be done over skype though, with a camera open!

Nefesch
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thanks, Nefsch. I appreciate your response.

Regards,
Mike
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Got this one: I mostly like two of the ideas by Nefesch: these alone are worth the price of the book:

and the ideas contributed by Cavalli are stellar:
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
I agree. This ebook could be considered a pocket bible of methods to achieve the empathy effect.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 08:20, PsiDroid wrote:
Got this one: I mostly like two of the ideas by Nefesch: these alone are worth the price of the book:

and the ideas contributed by Cavalli are stellar:

I am very glad that you liked it, and again I do have to agree with you Paolo's contributions in the book are indeed Stellar.

Quote:
On 2011-12-01 09:11, Sariel wrote:
I agree. This ebook could be considered a pocket bible of methods to achieve the empathy effect.

:)

Nefesch
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1981 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Id there much verbal byplay? sometimes my work environments are a bit crazed which makes it difficult to pass along detailed instructions to spectators

Thanks
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Verbal BYPLAY? No!

But I would be wary about performing it as a strolling thingie in the streets, IF that if what you had in mind.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1981 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Not in the streets, but strolling venues indoors. Does that make a difference?

So it sounds like a very direct method/effect?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Well I'm just finished reading 'twins' and must say it was an excellent read! Nefesch has done a wonderful job writing this ebook, while reading it a number of times I smiled to myself thinking I can't wait to try some of these routines out, my favorite ones are numbers 6,11 and 13.
great job nefesch!

Kieran
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 16:26, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Not in the streets, but strolling venues indoors. Does that make a difference?

So it sounds like a very direct method/effect?

There are 13 different methods in the book, I believe you will find many that will suit with your style/environment, most of them are impromptu.

Quote:
On 2011-12-01 16:53, magicman29 wrote:
Well I'm just finished reading 'twins' and must say it was an excellent read! Nefesch has done a wonderful job writing this ebook, while reading it a number of times I smiled to myself thinking I can't wait to try some of these routines out, my favorite ones are numbers 6,11 and 13.
great job nefesch!

Kieran

Thanks indeed it was a lot of work, and of course that thanks is passed to all the contributors with their amazing ideas

Nefesch
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Nefesch was kind enough to send me a copy to enjoy and to help out, thanks again my friend Smile
I just want to start off saying that you arent getting some ten page manuscript that gives you only three methods and hardly any subtleties, you get so much information on this one very simple, very interesting and very visual plot. The ebook's set up itself is very well done, starting with a nice introduction, giving a performance description of each indevidual methodology, a brief history of where the idea spurred from and a very detailed description of how to accomplish this lovely impossibility in the nearly 100 page double spaced publication. In total I believe Nefesch gives you about 13 methods to accoplish variations of this plot, there are also serveral contributions from Timon Krause, Pablo Amira and Paolo Cavalli which are very nice alongside Nefesch's methodologies and shows how unique the thinking is. Now as for the plot and routine idea itself, if you all have seen any of my posts then you know I love ideas like PK touches and the premise of a rappor based "psychic connection" style routine which this fits perfectly with. As soon as I am proficient with some of the methodologies this WILL go into my personal repertoire of favorite performances pieces as well as into my way way too long PK touches routine. Alright so here is my final conclusion, this is a great product and Nefesch is one of the innovators in modern mentalism when it comes to his thinking. I highly recommend this product to someone who is serious in the art of mentalism, this is as simple, direct and amazing as it gets in my opinion. Great job Nefesch and the new project you mentioned in the publication sounds incredible, so everyone keep an eye out for that coming soon!

-Jake
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
This is an excellent e-book by Nefesch and the ideas from Paolo, Pablo and Timon are all great. I've always liked to play around with methods based on synchronicity and this is indeed a very thorough manual. Anyone who liked Jerome Finley's Thought Channel will definitely enjoy this. You are given so many methods it's hard to fail and you can come up with so many different routine ideas with them.

Great job Nefesch, this is the first book I read from you, looking forward to checking out your other work.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Thanks Mauricio I am glad that you enjoyed the book

I wanted to share with you all guys some comments I just received from Richard Osterlind about Twins, this is used of course with his permission:

"Nefesch's new book, Twins, is wonderful. It is a great impromptu plot that makes sense and looks like real mentalism. More importantly, Nefesch gives you 13, yes I said 13, ways of doing the effect! You will find your favorites, but you will also have the knowledge on how to fall back on other methods should the need arise.

Do yourself a favor. Forget any props this time around and just go after knowledge.

RIchard Osterlind
December, 2011"
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
For those of you who are still wondering if you should or not get TWINS, you may want to read the Quote that Richard Osterlind extended me about Twins, it can be read above.

And If that was not enough, I just received a quote (which I am ussing with permision of course) from Keith Barry, which says:

'TWINS is a fantastic piece of truly impromptu mentalism which will only be performed by fearless performers. Highly recommended' - Keith Barry

I want to thank publicly here to Both of them (Richard Osterlind and Keith Barry) for their support on this piece of mentalism.

Nefesch