The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Best video for coin magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
what is, in you opinion, a good video to help me start learning coin magic...I was looking at Jay Sankey's videos and Ammars coin videos...any suggestions? Smile
~joeKing
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Ammar's tapes would probably be more up the alley of someone just hopping into the coin magic pool. Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic is an EXCELLENT tape, one of my favorites, but it's not the easiest material. You should have a good working knowledge of basic coin techniques before you tackle Sankey's RCM.

Good luck in whatever choice you make Smile
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of levitate
Yea, they are great. Get them both.
Michael
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I'd suggest Ammar's Complete Intro to Coin Magic. It covers all the basic sleights and some good routines.

His ETM Money Miracles is also a good set but if you were to only get one, I'd start with his Complete Intro tape.

I also love the David Stone videos as well as Sankey's revolutionary Coin Magic. But I'd have to agree with Lithis in that the Sankey tape contains more intermediate and advanced things.
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Does Sankey Cover the sleights necessary for the routines in his video?
bwalder
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
46 Posts

Profile of bwalder
The Ammar DVD is great, as is David Roth's Expert Coin Magic (all 3 volumes on one DVD).

If you want to do a lot of work with the Okito box, the Roth's Ultimate Coin Magic Vol 2 DVD is superb.

Another one for just sleights - though more expensive, is the 3 DVD volumes of Rubenstein's Encyclopaedia of Coin Sleights.

A fair bit of overlap, as you would expect, between the Stone tapes, and Ammar and Rubenstein DVDs, since they all cover the basics
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Hi JoeKing,

I agree with the above mentioned recommendations. I myself started out with the Ammar DVD, and that got me learning many of the basic fundamentals of coin sleights. I think its a great DVD for beginner coin magic.

The other recommendation I would give is the Expert Coin Magic DVDs (3 vols) by David Roth. It is an excellent series, taught by one of the greatest coin magicians alive.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I love Michal Ammar's CITMCM Complete Intro to Modern Coin magic. I forget the name, but I own it lol. Very good dvd.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2003-09-08 04:38, Jem wrote:
Hi JoeKing,

I agree with the above mentioned recommendations. I myself started out with the Ammar DVD, and that got me learning many of the basic fundamentals of coin sleights. I think its a great DVD for beginner coin magic.

The other recommendation I would give is the Expert Coin Magic DVDs (3 vols) by David Roth. It is an excellent series, taught by one of the greatest coin magicians alive.

which Ammar tape did you get?

by the way thanks for all your help guyz!!!
~joeKing