The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Cigarette magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 15:06, Mr. X wrote:
Thanks for proving me correct on both counts you deluded little man.

What!?

You cite references that only use cigarettes incidentally, (with the exception of Cigars-Cigarettes-Pipe), and I am deluded?

From my dictionary, (see, I have one)...

A delusion is a false belief held with absolute conviction despite superior evidence.

I submit that you are the delusional one!

Maybe you need a dictionary!

Where is your evidence to prove me wrong?

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Sorry for the diversion folks. Back to the original question...

See Impromptu Torn and Restored Cigarette, Fechter - The Magic of Eddie Fechter, pp. 131-133. And, also in Magician Nightly - The Magic of Eddie Fechter, pp. 5-9.

See also Tom Mullica's Hank-Foolery, Jon Racherbaumer's At The Table, pp. 180-184.

More to come...

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
I already admitted my error in the ammount I thought was in Arcade Dreams.

The use of cigs in some are incidental you say...could these effects be done without cigs? The answer is no..guess you should get your dictionary out again and look up incidental.

So if I found these useful in my cig act, why should I not mention them?

I say your beef is unfounded sir, lets just put it down to you having an off day.

Maybe you are a little constipated? May I suggest plenty of fruit.
So much to do. So little time.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Martin Gardner's Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic, pp. 60-79.

Eugene Burger's Second-Hand Smoke, Mastering the Art of Magic, pp. 142-144.

Burger again, Making Cigarettes Disappear, The Performance of Close-Up Magic, pp. 38-47.

Still more to come...

Brian
JoshuaD
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl
77 Posts

Profile of JoshuaD
Yes Tarbell's material has some great stuff in it and also Mullica is a good place to start.
Joshua
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Keith Clark's Celebrated Cigarettes.
So much to do. So little time.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
I just ordered this from Ellusionist. Haven't got it yet, but it looks pretty cool. There sadly hasn't been a lot of new cigarette effects put out there recently. I know smoking has fallen out of favor, but they are such organic props to work with, I've found "I'm trying to quit" demonstrations still go over really well. Got high hopes for this one. I'll review it once it comes in.

http://www.ellusionist.com/smoked-by-chr......man.html
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Why oooooo WHY has a routine to be new or recent.
Learn the classics and what is published already and you've material for many years.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 13:15, john wills wrote:
Why oooooo WHY has a routine to be new or recent.
Learn the classics and what is published already and you've material for many years.

Already learned the classics - love'em! Just like to see new effects & concepts to play with with organic materials such as cigarettes. The disappearance of a full pack of cigarettes from inside the pack in Smoked looks pretty cool & I'm hoping to add it to some of the classics to make a longer routine. I'll let you know what I think once I get it. Smile