The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Michael Ammar's ETMCM Vol.7-9..The Rumors are True! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I read up on this when I ordered the 1-6 set on vhs and found someon on this board saying this was just a rumor....And then on the Penguin Magic boards 2 people have spoken to Ammar very recently about this and said he just completed taping these and we can expect them around spring or summer next year! Smile Smile I think this is great!
~joeKing
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Buy them as the first six were great.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Yes, it's true. I spoke to Ammar 2 weeks ago after his lecture in San Francisco. In fact he was here(in the bay area) because he had just finished the shoot with L&L in Tahoe. The DVD's will not be released until late spring or early summer, so the wait will be long. He indicated that the material would be strong in case these were the last of the series. I got the impression that the effects would be his handling/refinements of the works of others. I'm sure that he will properly credit and received permission for the use of the material from the proper publishers.

Ammar was very nice and humble. The guy that you see on the video is exactly who he is in real life.
Drive Carefully
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
It's true. I ordered some lecture notes recently, and had the option to get them autographed. Michael was unavailable at the time....because he was out of town taping the next ones in the series.
Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I LOVE Ammar's work. You get the real deal with him and he credits everyone WITH their permission to teach the effects. Don't forget that. It's not enough just to credit ( if they are living ).

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I wish we could just see a list of the names of tricks that are going to be on these
~joeKing
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
633 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I am so pumped up about this. I just wish that the other six volumes in my collection were DVDs instead of VHS. Oh well, maybe I will just sell them and just rebuy then on DVD or just eventually transfer them to DVD myself. But thanks for the great news.