The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Hypnotism accident @ Bogota / Colombia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/......s-video/

That is some messed up way to get on the news.

I know personally people who engage into doing hypnosis for kids. Having studied such subject extensively in the past, I don't think this is recommended at all - you can see why.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The story seems a bit more hogwash than anything. NOT possible.

What exactly are the "symptoms of collective hypnosis"? I would bet this is more of a way for him to be public than anything. It might be a fair example of "modeling behavior" but that is all.

I suggest you study a bit more "extensively" and more current research. Seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Yeah, I showed this article to two of my hypnotist buddies, both in the business 20+ years, and both of them were flabergasted. They couldn't understand it for a second. I'm sensing some hogwash as well.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-09-10 10:04, Dannydoyle wrote:

I suggest you study a bit more "extensively" and more current research. Seriously.

FYI, I'm no the guy in the video. And Idid not write that article, either.

Plus, what I said is that I am not at all keen on applying hypnosis of any kind to kids, especially "comedy hypnosis" or similar. Mixing comedy with hypnosis is utterly lame, let alone using kids.

If you will, please enlighten me on where do I state that I found that article to feature scientifically correct information. I also found it kinda phony and messed up but, hey, not everyone out there will think the same. Most will just fall for it and get scared as hell about hypnosists.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 10:53, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Having studied such subject extensively in the past...

I believe this is what Danny was referring to.