The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Pass DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I am looking at perfecting my pass. There are a number of DVDs on the market now dedicated to this sleight, old and new. Recently, magicians must be putting more importance on this sleight again, as there seems to be an influx of new dvds, pass with care and control freak, specifically. Many of the and old dvds have been reviewed separately. What I want to know is which dvd would you recommend and why? Or, which one would you not recommend and why?
Thanks.

Right now, I am leaning towards control freak. I have seen demos of the Wow pass and have been very impressed.

Trevor
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I started with Kaufman's On the Pass DVD. On the plus side, he gives you a large number of passes from which to chose and some routines that can go with them. On the minus side Kaufman's classic pass is based on speed. If you can perform at his speed (he says it takes a year of practice to perform the pass, and for his pass, I believe him!), you will have a very powerful sleight that can also act as a color change.

After practicing with Kaufman's for a while, I began using (and am now using) techniques I found in the second volume of Jay Sankey's "Sankeytized!" video along with ideas that came from The Combination Pass featured in Ed Marlo's The Cardician video. The Very Best of Jay Sankey videos also feature a short section that covers most of what Sankey said in the Sankeytized video.

I'm considering the Pass with Care video as well...

By the way, there are some good pass comments in the card-magic topic as well. Check them out.

I hope this helps a little. Best of luck,
Billgussen
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Sankey-Tized II is a good tape but his informal discussion on the pass at the end is terrific.