The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Does it bite? I don't know... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
About two years ago, maybe more, I was brainstorming with someone, I can't remember who it was now, and we came up with the idea of a toy animal that would bite someone. They wouldnt feel it, but when they look at where they were supposedly bitten, they have bite marks.

I was just now thinking about it again, and I came up with the idea to use a snake skeleton, which, although the specemin is dead, still bites. After waving the head over or near thier hand, it actually leaves fang marks.

With this I have a few questions... is it a marketed effect? If it is, than I do not need to proceed any further. If it isn't, than do any of you know where I could find a snake skeleton?

Thanks!
Ty
msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
Sir T mentioned a site in a previous Bone related thread in this forum

http://www.boneroom.com/bone/bone1.html

This page had an articulated snake skeleton...but not cheap
msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
Check under animal skeletons......my spelling gets worse Smile

Hoorah........found the edit option, teach me not to read FAQ's
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
Thanks!

With those prices I might go with a mouse skull instead...
msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
That's the thing about living in the UK. We don't have many snakes, so I wouldn't know if it's expensive or cheap. Now the US..... can't you walk outside and pick one up....only joking

Martin

Smile
msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
That reminds me .........I remember seeing a kids 3 D jigsaw that was the skeleton of a snake. With the right paint job.....I'll keep an eye open

Martin
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
What about turning a fake one into a live one? Kind of like "Holy Moses" by Rick Johnson (Practical Impossibilities).
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

Quote:
On 2002-04-28 15:00, MindExplosion wrote:
About two years ago, maybe more, I was brainstorming with someone, I can't remember who it was now, and we came up with the idea of a toy animal that would bite someone. They wouldnt feel it, but when they look at where they were supposedly bitten, they have bite marks.

I was just now thinking about it again, and I came up with the idea to use a snake skeleton, which, although the specemin is dead, still bites. After waving the head over or near thier hand, it actually leaves fang marks.

With this I have a few questions... is it a marketed effect? If it is, than I do not need to proceed any further. If it isn't, than do any of you know where I could find a snake skeleton?

Thanks!
Ty

Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
That would be REALLY cool....

But my mom is terrified of snakes. Mice... I don't know. I have never really liked animals that need to be fed and all on a daily basis.
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

Doc Sheils had a fun routine where the lights went out and an evil elf escaped out of a box. The elf left foot prints in the sand and bit a guest with an evil giggle. Perhaps someone can recall which of his books it is in?

(Note that many of Sheils' effects required turning out the lights Smile

TTFN,
Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com