The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo ChouChou (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5482 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Have you seen this? Richard Kaufman demos it in the latest digital Genii. Very cool! ...and I love the foil idea in the Youtube demo.

http://www.japangadgetshop.com/products/......fly.html
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
These were the latest hit at the 2010 toy show overseas. They are very cool and look real. The foil does help conceal the mico wire that makes them animated. They seem to get harder to find as time goes by. I was lucky to pick up two last year, before the dealer couldn't get anymore.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5482 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I have two on the way (blue & yellow). I have a few ideas for a routine, as well.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
These are cool. My local magic shop brought them in last year. However he has heard from his distributor that he will no longer lomger be able to get them as apparently they have made a deal with Wal-Mart to sell them.

The movement is very realistic. I think it woud be cool if you could wire in a minature remote control to cause the butterfly to move. It would make a great interactive piece where the butterly could detect lies, find cards etc. Unfortunately if Wal-Mart does in fact start selling them the "mystery" will quickly fade.

John