The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: What is your simplest, most effective close up trick? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
As stated above, a muscle pass can definitely attract attention. Also changing a quarter or halve to a jumbo coin. Definitely an eye popper. Simple to us yes, but it sticks in people's minds for years....
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
I like having a deck in my pocket set up for the Chicago Opener, in this way I'm always prepared to perform a little close up magic.
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, gvinson wrote:
2 dollar window. It is cool because 2 dollar bills are not very common.

I that's exactly why I believe this trick in not so cool.
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Extreme Burn or B'Wave for me.
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
For me, simplest and most effective implies what I always have on me. what I always have on me is my wallet and keys. In my wallet, I have a couple penny/dime copper/silver coins and ungimmicked duplicates. I can do a really nice copper silver routine that starts with the two coins being examined and ends with the two coins examined. It doesn't get any simpler or more stunning than that.

kj
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
I like to carry a quarter shell and few real quarters in small coin bag - if possible borrow 4 quarters and slip in my shell for Garret Thomas's imagination coins routine
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Invisible deck and a thumbtip are great props to carry.