The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Street Magic Tricks with iPhone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheiPhoneMagicGuy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of TheiPhoneMagicGuy
Here is a very interesting street magic trick done using an iPhone:
http://youtu.be/q5L8gCEIZ80

Any recommendations of other street magic apps for iPhone?

Regards,
Raymond
ThinkThurston
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ThinkThurston
Mental Killer is the only one I have and I've used it to good effect.
mpicard
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of mpicard
Quote:
On 2011-08-29 00:08, o sagan wrote:
Mental Killer is the only one I have and I've used it to good effect.

I must agree,mental killer is fantastic!!!
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
Mental Killer is good but imo not a great effect; there is too much interaction with the keypad for it to be truly mystifying, and the guy's voice at the other end of the phone call comes through sounding a bit too crisp to be a recording. That's my opinion. I do an entire "impromptu" set based on iPhone apps, and this is the only one where I have found that the method is at least somewhat obvious to spectators.

Now, if you are putting together an iPhone-based set, this is definitely a trick you want to include. It is a fun one, I do perform it. But there are others that are more perplexing to people because the method is based on something other than the magician's observable tapping on a keypad.

I recommend Andy Nyman's Mindreader, iForce, and Psypic very highly. My wife has seen me perform all three of these (as well as Mental Killer) numerous times, and (she being very savvy to magic, as she is constantly my test audience), has absolutely no clue as to the method behind any of those. Her guesses have actually been rather amusing. Mental Killer was something she more or less solved the first time she saw it, though.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Mental Killer is genius! The method is so wonderful, and the price for the effect is not that bad...this can be reset quickly and used again for another spectator while doing a strolling street venue type style of magic...
sheridanmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sheridanmagic
ICalc is a great effect that uses a borrowed iPhone- I use it all the time as it's a great way to either give someone your phone number Smile or your business card. I love magic with mobile phones- I always have some balloons with me to perform Daniel Garcia's "pressure". I don't have an iPhone and won't get one as I also perform this killer effect http://ipolygraph.com/google/ all the time. Find out about it at and how it works at http://www.krazydad.com/bondoogle/ Unbelievably this is a free effect but only works on your home computer or a phone with flash like the htc desire or nokia n900 so no iPhones I'm afraid. It's pretty much my favourite card revelation and turns a simple mind-reading card trick into a really amazing and strange effect that can happen in the spectators hands. Someone needs to make this into an app for the iPhone...
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Check out Fate by Gerraint Clarke on the Wire at Theory11. It's pretty sweet, it uses a borrowed cell phone and there's no app needed.
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
Ellusionist has an app out that is just like an invisible deck, but without a deck of cards. It's quite good, but I prefer to have a real deck, personally.
MysticJohn
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Mental Killer hands down, the beauty it it does not play like an app. Just blew a group of peoples minds the other night with this one.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Check out Ellusionist app Premonition. It does involve a little one time set up on your part. But once it is done.. I have slayed a few folks with it.. Def one of my first go to apps.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
adamsmaye
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of adamsmaye
I have a couple that I use a lot and love. The first is one of th tenyo ones called magic shuffle which is the invisible deck. The other one I like is called card2phone it is when you can take a lot of objects ( you can take an oreo, pop tab, toothpick, sponge ball, and much more) into the screen of your phone really cool app.