The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Customer Service mistakes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
294 Posts

Profile of terrillific
SInce I’ve taken up magic in the last few months, I’ve ordered some magic from several so called bigger dealers and I’ve been disappointed in their customer service. I teach some customer service programs as a corporate trainer so I think I’m knowledgable about when I see a company committing customer service mistakes.

My main complaint is that I’ve ordered products that were advertised on their site as being available, but when I didn’t receive anything after a week I contacted them to find out they were out of the product and they would ship it to me when it arrived back in. No apology, no discount on shipping that I paid a little extra for and no updates from them on when it will be shipped out. What I do notice is that these magic dealers seem focused on marketing and hyping up a product, but they’re ignoring executing good customer service, at least that’s what I’ve noticed. Ultimately, a company is only as good as how they will make their customers happy.

I’d be interested in knowing how you’ve dealt with poor customer service from dealers, and if they’ve corrected it or you moved and found someone else who services your needs better.

I’m not going to call out the specific dealers on this issue. I’ll take it with them individually. Let’s try and keep this conversation constructive and focus it on how dealers could improve their customer service.