The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Packet gambling tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
My 10-card Poker Deal originally in Deck-Sterity, re-written, etc., - can't tell you in which of my books because I'd be accused of "advertising." Sorry. (That's what started the "craze." Rarely been topped, in the opinion of many.)
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
In addition to those mentioned above ....

I would STRONGLY recommend you give Peter Marshall's "Off-Color Monte" a try. It's a great routine with magic happening throughout and you are clean at the end. No gaffs, no difficult sleights, and no nonsense! This effect can be found in Best of Friends Volume II.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

Poor Man's Monte by Richard Vollmer in the blue Apocalypse volume is another excellent choice. If you read Harry Lorayne's "afterthoughts" for this effect you can end clean.
Robert Black
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Robert Black
You definitely can't go wrong with Mr. Lorayne young grasshopper.
"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity." -- Dr. Edwin. Land
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 12:22, Harry Lorayne wrote:
My 10-card Poker Deal originally in Deck-Sterity, re-written, etc., - can't tell you in which of my books because I'd be accused of "advertising." Sorry. (That's what started the "craze." Rarely been topped, in the opinion of many.)

And it is SOOOO good that another master, Darwin Ortiz, stated that Lorayne's deal was the inspiration for his approach and that he uses the same cards Lorayne suggests. So now you have TWO greats!

While on the subject, Nick Trost published an excellent variant in The Card Magic of Nick Trost. It differs from the 10 Card deals in that the Jonah always changes. I am not saying that the Trost approach is "superior" but, it's a nice thing to learn in case someone might be familiar with the 10 card deal - perhaps someone who dabbled in magic years ago.

Mr. Lorayne,great to see you back sir!!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: To the OP, you will find TONS of packet gambling effects in Apocalypse and in the 3 volumes of Best of Friends. Off Color Monte by Peter Marshall in volume II is superb. You might like it just for Marshall's Flustrated Elmsely. But IMHO,it's a great routine and the kicker is really strong - sort of reminiscent of Bro. John Hamman's Two Card Trick - which is itself quite apropos for a "gambling" approach.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Check out Cameron Francis' Magicians Hold 'Em. It's a great packet trick and pretty topical since a lot of people only know Texas Hold Em these days.
Lakewood, Ohio
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
Check out Peter Duffie's Backfire Poker Deal. It has always gotten a terrific response for me, it's easy to do and ends with the spectator being the winner.