The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Jay Sankey's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes the switch is the $100 dollar Bill switch.

There are many different tastes. Some people may like an idea that to us seems ridiculous. They may also take it to another level. I like 95% of the things J ay publishes. I am not kidding. His effects are different with a breath of fresh air.
Yours,

Ivan
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
JUst a note, Jay Sankey now has two magic dvds available at walmart.
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
You've got to be kidding me? Sankey at WALMART?! Which two DVDs?
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
They are two new ones: Amazing tricks that anyone can do volume 1 and 2. I'm not sure what the contents are, but it would be interesting to see which effects from his other dvds are included on this set.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I doubt there are any of his creations there. I think there are tricks for the beginner just like in his Real Magic.

I just found this on ebay for the mentioned DVDs:

Quote:
Volume 1 Magic for beginners, taught by a world-renowned master !
For ages 8 to 80! Whether you are in grade school, a college graduate or even a grandfather, you too can learn the closely guarded secrets behind a collection of incredible illusions!

Learn how to:

- Tear and restore a dollar bill!
- Vanish a borrowed coin!
- Stretch a solid piece of rope!
- Control the four aces to the top of the deck!
- Move a drinking straw with the power of your mind!
- and much, much more!

Jay Sankey has lectured and performed in over twenty countries, with sold-out performances at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles and the Magic Circle in London. Jay has also made dozens of television appearances, written several books and released an acclaimed series of instructional videos to the magic fraternity.

Edition Details:
DVD Encoding: Region 1 (works with US and Canadian DVD players)
Run Time: 60 minutes.

VOLUME 2

Magic for beginners, taught by a world-renowned master !

For ages 8 to 80! Whether you are in grade school, a college graduate or even a grandfather, you too can learn the closely guarded secrets behind a collection of incredible illusions!

Learn how to:

- Cause the spots on the dice to change!
- Make paper clips magically link
- Pull solid straws through each other!
- and much, much more...!

Jay Sankey has lectured and performed in over twenty countries, with sold-out performances at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles and the Magic Circle in London. Jay has also made dozens of television appearances, written several books and released an acclaimed series of instructional videos to the magic fraternity.

Edition Details:
DVD Encoding: Region 1 (works with US and Canadian DVD players)
Run Time: 70 minutes.

Yours,

Ivan
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Jay does need to make a living!!!
Drive Carefully
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
And could someone enlighten me as to what difference there is between "Amazing Tricks Anyone Can Do" and "Real Magic"? They both apparently seem very very similar...

Hahahah, they're available at Walmart??? That's too funny... Smile Smile Smile

I'm a card worker but I am going to order this DVD anyway, despite some of the more negative reviews on here. I trust in Jay Sankey to give me my money's worth... the material described sounds pretty creative, just like all Sankey material. I hope I didn't make a bad choice... it can't be THAT bad...
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I watched the demo, and "Strange & Stranger" looked awesome. Devious use of the $100 Bill Switch. I'm sure there's other good stuff on it too. I'm getting it.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
WHAT!?!?!?! Wal-Mart? I can't believe it. That's halarious. Smile