The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The marquee says... :: Any good magic shops in Barcelona (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
96 Posts

Profile of Proximo
What a coincidence, I was also looking for magic shops in Barcelona, since me too, I'm visiting the city in June.
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
We can have an international get-together as I also will be there in June....
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
I'll be there for my honeymoon in august! Any update on shops?
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I've visited El Rey de la magia. Lovely shop. The lady there is very knowledgeable and helpful. They also have a theatre, a museum and a bar (with cheap beer) nearby. They have regular shows and a jam session in the last Wed of every month. Check out their website for details.

I also went to Magicus. Looks like a nice shop, but I didn't stay long since I had a very tight schedule.

Enjoy your honeymoon there. Barcelona is such a beautiful city. I wish I could re-visit the city soon.
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
I just visited 3 magic shops in Barcelona, so here are my 3 cents in case someone is in a tight schedule can only visit one or two shops.

I visited Magicus ( http://www.magicus.es ), Selecciones Magicas ( http://www.seleccionesmagicas.com ), and El Rei de la Magia ( http://www.elreydelamagia.com/en ).

If you are looking for books, visit Magicus. They have a decent selection. The had a couple of racks, and I was mostly looking for Spanish books- so I spent some time here.

If you are like looking for DVDs, go to Selecciones Magicas. They don't have any books, but they have a huge section of DVDS.

If you are looking for gimmicks, apparatus, or marketed items, I'd say it's a toss up between Magicus and Selecciones Magicas. From memory, I think Selecciones Magicas might have a larger space and more inventory for display.

If you're looking for playing cards, I saw a big assortment at Selecciones Magicas. I saw various decks in all of the shops, but Selecciones Magicas had a larger display. I bought a few decks of Fournier to try them out and a few decks of briscas that I can actually fan and use for card magic at Rei de la Magia (saw them there first).

If you are interested in magic history, visit Rei de la Magia. It's one of the oldest (I believe the lady actually said oldest) magic shops still in the same location and building. When I went there, they were going through renovations and had a reduced space. They had a bit of everything, but space was limited, and so was inventory (although they had more stuff in the back). It was nice chatting with the lady behind the counter and she gave me several recommendations, brought some books from the back and allowed me to spend some time looking through them.
El Rei de la Magia also has a museum and theater at a different location near the shop, but I couldn't make it due to my schedule. It's definitely in the books for my next visit.

In all of my visits to these shops I was the only customer most of the time I was there (a few people that were looking for something specific came and went), and everyone behind the counter was helpful and willing to answer any questions.

Now off to Madrid, hopefully I'll have a chance to visit at least one magic shop over there!
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, Orlan wrote:
I just visited 3 magic shops in Barcelona, so here are my 3 cents in case someone is in a tight schedule can only visit one or two shops.

I visited Magicus ( http://www.magicus.es ), Selecciones Magicas ( http://www.seleccionesmagicas.com ), and El Rei de la Magia ( http://www.elreydelamagia.com/en ).

If you are looking for books, visit Magicus. They have a decent selection. The had a couple of racks, and I was mostly looking for Spanish books- so I spent some time here.

If you are like looking for DVDs, go to Selecciones Magicas. They don't have any books, but they have a huge section of DVDS.

If you are looking for gimmicks, apparatus, or marketed items, I'd say it's a toss up between Magicus and Selecciones Magicas. From memory, I think Selecciones Magicas might have a larger space and more inventory for display.

If you're looking for playing cards, I saw a big assortment at Selecciones Magicas. I saw various decks in all of the shops, but Selecciones Magicas had a larger display. I bought a few decks of Fournier to try them out and a few decks of briscas that I can actually fan and use for card magic at Rei de la Magia (saw them there first).

If you are interested in magic history, visit Rei de la Magia. It's one of the oldest (I believe the lady actually said oldest) magic shops still in the same location and building. When I went there, they were going through renovations and had a reduced space. They had a bit of everything, but space was limited, and so was inventory (although they had more stuff in the back). It was nice chatting with the lady behind the counter and she gave me several recommendations, brought some books from the back and allowed me to spend some time looking through them.
El Rei de la Magia also has a museum and theater at a different location near the shop, but I couldn't make it due to my schedule. It's definitely in the books for my next visit.

In all of my visits to these shops I was the only customer most of the time I was there (a few people that were looking for something specific came and went), and everyone behind the counter was helpful and willing to answer any questions.

Now off to Madrid, hopefully I'll have a chance to visit at least one magic shop over there!

Hi all! Will be going to Barcelona and Madrid this Oct. Does anyone know if the magic shops mentioned above by Orlan are still around?
Thanks!
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I'm pretty sure Rei de la magia in Barcelona is still around. Do check out the shows on their theatre too.

For Madrid, I'd highly recommend Magia Estudio. If you want to see some close up magic shows, I'd recommend checking out teatro encantado and grada magica.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, KLG wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rei de la magia in Barcelona is still around. Do check out the shows on their theatre too.

For Madrid, I'd highly recommend Magia Estudio. If you want to see some close up magic shows, I'd recommend checking out teatro encantado and grada magica.

Thanks for the recommendations KLG! Much appreciated Smile
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hey guys I'm going to blackpool in feb then flying over to barcelona.... feb 17 to 21..if anyone will be around would love to meet up one night to jam... just pm me.. how do I find out if any lectures or shows? where are the street performers located (not pickpocketers hahaha)
thanks
adam
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of aheller5
?