The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Flash Production Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

Has anybody seen this up close (being pushed by Hank Lee's this week)... I suspect that given the low price ($25) this may be "you get what you pay for"-- flimsy and clumsy looking in use?

Anyone have info? thanks...

Joe
Smile
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Joe,

Saw your post and wanted to let you know that Hocus Pocus has received these earlier this week.

We were shocked at how well this product is made. Even the owner himself had to call the supplier to verify that $25.00 was the correct price!

It's an exact replica of the Russ Walsh table. It's very sturdy when produced, and can easily hold light-weight props. Hats, silks, cards etc. Also, the table appears instantly.

All in all we feel this is an exceptional bargain.

If you have any questions your welcome to call me at Hocus Pocus Magic toll free 1 800 407 4040. Smile
Jason London

This space for rent
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
OK... I got one of these and after playing with it for a day I posted in another topic that it seemed fine for my purpose (a place to put 2 candles)...

HOWEVER... now, after 3 days of working with it-- IT BROKE! A weld popped on one of the legs. It is now worthless... I will attempt to get it replaced via the dealer I ordered it from...

Joe
Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hocus-pocus carries only quality merchandise!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Now the measurements say 12" x 5"... this, so far, is what has kept me from purchasing this item. I feel like that is a very small surface to do, well, anything on. Is this table just meant to hold props, or can it be used as a performing surface too? I love the idea of the effect but the small surface has me questioning it. Only thing I can think of doing is maybe a cups and balls routine.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Mine will only hold small lightweight items. When I have used it, it seems to make an impression on the audience, but it is not one of my best "WOW" items. Mine is too wobbly to do cups & balls....single chop cup maybe.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Its a cute table but it is very delicate. I used it for about a month when it started to tilt to one side. The springs holding it together do tend to bend slightly. The hinge underneath the table does come loose and needs frequent retightening.

Other than that, its a great prop. I use it to place the flower boxes from my dream bag on. Maybe a few silks, your professors nightmare ropes, and maybe a deck of cards. that's about it.

S. Patrick