The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: When are one of you going to sign up for "America's Got Talent?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I want to see one of you members apply for "America's Got Talent" Have any of you thought about it?
Alexanderia_the_Great
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Alexanderia_the_Great
Two big barriers I see in AGT.
1. A 90 second time element which as an escape artist is not enough time to create the drama necessary for a great act.
2. They own you and your act. Like idol and reality tv they can make you look good or bad depending on how best to play it out = loss of control.

There is of course the BIG one which is to date they have hated all magic acts. The overseas versions have been much kinder to magicians but the US one has not.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The fine ladies will appear on AGT when they've got holes in their heads, or a slight death wish.
Search the Café is you want more of the facts rather than TV fantasy on AGT.

My thoughts,
Walt
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
I second that Walt. What person in their right mind would offer up their time and talents to the editors/producers of AGT garbage programming?
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You would have to tell us WHERE to search since the Café still isn't allowing general searches.

I think the problem is, you can do a song one week and you can do a different song the next week but magic, you have to be bigger, flashier and more fantastic each and every week. I saw one last year who did a great illusion for his first live appearance, the second appearance he said he wanted to show some close-up magic and was voted off that night.

This year, I was glad Mark got voted off by the judges. Not because he couldn't control his illusion, but because he was backstage making nasty comments on the old man with the cat; "He's doing close-up? That's not real magic!"

??? Smile ???

Maybe it's not "Vegas" magic, but never say it's not "real!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
LaurensMalter
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
131 Posts

Profile of LaurensMalter
Jonathan and Charlotte Pendragon were on AGT once.. They got through the first round, but never appeared on the next round..
I found it diminishing that THEY needed approval of 3 'judges' that had to ask them 'who are you and what are you going to do?'.

@Alexanderia, my cousin has an amazing juggling act, where he bounces rubber balls towards the ground, he's able to do it with 8!!
The judges give him dream critics, saying he doesn't have to worry about a contract, he'll have work for the next 40 years and Las Vegas is waiting.. Still,3 girls singing won, he became 3rd. While this was a TALENT show, there were plenty of shows like 'Idol', 'X-Factor', 'My Name Is..' wich are all looking for good singers, they shouldn't allow singers on talent shows, they have plenty of other opportunities to get famous..
angelx03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of angelx03
*sigh* For once, I would LOVE to see a female magician to participate in this so once she get much further into the competition, it'll lead her into doing a theatrical escape! We haven't had on national TV in a long time!
MISS J
View Profile
New user
DALLAS, TEXAS
26 Posts

Profile of MISS J
A week ago I had this idea in my head: A Male "magician" brought in his sexy female assistant, he intro himself and his assistant to the judge, and then he begins the show. But instead of him perfroming, the female assistant took the lead and begun her magic act, the male now became her assistant and at the end of the show she pulled out the magician hat and transformed into a female magician. Or to make the effect stronger, she and him could do a quick change and switch clothes.. I don't know. thought it would be fun to see lol

Kinda Lame?? haha
You have to first believe in magic in order to move others' hearts -

Hi all magic lovers, feel free to pm me to chat Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 11:30, MISS J wrote:
A week ago I had this idea in my head:

Miss J, try to go on AGT. What do you have to lose?