The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: Sophie's First Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
My daughter is a camp counselor. She called a couple nights ago and asked me to help her block out a trick. She used toilet paper balls and tossed them over the head of a seated volunteer, in plain view of the audience. She has seen me do this bit hundreds of times. She worked in several of her own embellishments and said it went really well. The camp blog concurs. She is hooked on performing magic!
aka Mike Booth
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
It's great to hear that everything went so well for your daughter.
I hope this will be the start of something She'll enjoy for the rest of her life.
Thanks for sharing the news.
Take care, Bob.
joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
Thanks Bob, she's home this weekend. We worked on two more tricks. Magic doesn't look to be a full time career. She is fluent in a couple languages. She actually did her first show in French, at a summer language camp. It looks like she might take a job with a cruise line or Club Med based on her language skills and her ability in magic.
aka Mike Booth
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Wonderful to hear! Not enough women in magic. Paper balls over the head is one of the most entertaining routines. She must have watched closely over the years, pulling that one off without a fair amount of practice is not an easy chore. Hope her interest keeps growing now the bug has bitten her.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."