The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Holy Crap.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I probably shouldn't chime in, but... (RANT FOLLOWS)

"Holy Crap" is a pretty poor bit of language. I don't know, maybe it's generational. The "f word" seems, sadly common.

Yes, I'm an old geezer, and it really makes me wonder about today's younger folks. I go to a street market in Hollywood every Sunday and the young crowd is loaded with rude people, tattoos all over their bodies, pink hair, piercings, etc.

And the Magic Castle has had a growing number of problems with the younger (you have to be 21, so they'r not kids) attendees, not keeping their coats and ties on, drinking too much, pushing in line, texting during shows, and a lot of members are complaining big time.

(RANT OVER)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10971 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Pete the magic castle shopuld get rid of the tie thing.
not the jacket just the tie .... fashion has changed. and it is way to hot at the castle the air conditiion system is to be desired
vinny
ps as to the drinking the castle's prices are out of sight but I suggest they go higher this might help,,
as to the rudness it is the peiople thatyare working there that are rude this never happened when the long time workers were still there
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Thanks for posting that Luke. I always love seeing other lady magicians perform. I totally agree with the drink prices at the castle!! I don't think I have ever seen them more expensive anywhere else. I think they price them according to the rise in gas prices. :o)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Since I don't drink (Dr's. orders) I don't know about the prices... however that doesn't make it OK for the folks to be so rude and thoughtless.

And... if they don't get good prices, how can they pay all the acts?

Do you know how many performers are booked there every week? I'll look it up, but I bet at least 10. Just checked ELEVEN.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10971 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Correct pete but what the performers are paid is peanuts ...
Come check out my magic.

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Vinny,
Sorry I have to vote to keep the ties. We need someplace left in this world where standards are standards. Use to be when you said we're dressing for dinner that meant a tuxedo not a business suit.
As for my sulking comment, Luke I only tease the guys I like.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10971 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Then I wish the castle would by a new air conditiong unit it is too hot in the summer
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Are you serious? Last time I was there it was FREEZING!

Tried to get 'em to adjust, no luck.

Anyway the rules are not unknown. Dudes show up with ties, but once in the door, pull 'em off, and some get pretty sloppy looking.

This is not what is expected.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10971 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Pete ypu're not young like me lol
Come check out my magic.

AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
LOL.....I know plenty of guys who lose money just to perform at the castle.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2011-07-05 07:08, Harry Murphy wrote:
Likewise I loved Tina Lenart’s routine. Mind blowing brilliant! She took the very, very old Serpentine silk, Silk through…, and ring off moves and melded them into a brilliant piece of magic which was a great lead in for her two ring routine.

I just had so much trouble watching it as it seemed like it was a great lead in for her version of JNeal's two ring routine. I guess enough people have taken it from him now that it shouldn't matter but it still bugs me.
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 01:32, AllAboutMagic wrote:
LOL.....I know plenty of guys who lose money just to perform at the castle.

lol.. I did for years! Now, I just do the parlour which BTW is coming up in August Smile
Ray Pierce
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1626 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Saving up to work the castle has always been a rite of passage....
visit me @ JNealShow.com