The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Abbott's 74th Magic Get Together Aug 3 - 6 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Greg Bordner's excellent radio interview from this morning at 8:45AM is now posted on the web. Go to http://www.wkzo.com , then click on the Lori Moore podcast section- you'll see it listed there- then you can click on that and listen to the interview. Greg did a great job in a very short period of time! Lori (Kalamazoo's #1 morning radio personality) seemed pretty excited about it as well- Greg got more time than most, more of a "story" than just a promotional mention. Nice!
kashmir
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of kashmir
Just listened to Greg's radio interview! It is indeed a great one and gives a bit of background on the get-together and tells how to get more information on this years event. The blind-folded event went out without any one being in danger and the crowd was huge that gathered to watch this event! What a great kick-off for the 74th!
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
We posted some pics from Wednesday, most from the dealers room and blindfolded car drive
http://www.topsmag.com

Click here to view attached image.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Weather forecast very nice too- was in the 60ties last night for example. Had lots of rain so is going to be a bumper farm crop for the Colon area. Highest temperature for the entire week is 86 projected for Saturday (in hotest mid-day heat sun, cooler in the mornings and evenings), but it has been overcast so it is really very comfortable so far. Nice- as it is sizzling at many other U.S. cities- but it's magical in the Magic Capital of the World!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
This is ideal weather for The Get-Together! I'm having fun. It's a great way to recharge my batteries.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi Al- good luck at Curly's tonight! My guess is you are still performing (although I think you told me last year past winners can't win again). I will see you tomorrow in Colon, have to pick up my custom Fraidy Cat Rabbit set from Rick.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Video below is of Abbott Dealer Room singing Happy Birthday to John Calvert (He had just performed at the Abbott Friday show).

http://youtu.be/Rr9Eo1P9r0U

There was cake enough for everyone (see attached pic)

Click here to view attached image.
MistressOfCeremonies
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MistressOfCeremonies
John Calvert closing the Friday show on the day of his one hundreth birthday was a moment I will cherish. Gave me goosebumps and brought a tear to my eyes.
MistressOfCeremonies
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MistressOfCeremonies
My only disappointment was missing two of the award winning performances because we did not make it in til Friday
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Thanks to all for making this such a successful Magic Get Together. The first wave of pictures are up and can be found at http://www.magicgettogether.com (please note the lecture and show pictures are not up yet, they are a higher quality and are still being edited).

The 75th Get Together will take place Aug 1-4, 2012. Hope to see you all there and let me reiterate once again from the Abbott Magic Co., Thank You!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Chuck, it was great meeting you, and thanks for taking the time to stop by!
~michael baker
The Magic Company