The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: When you provide the coins for custome gaff makers... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Will they give you a discount? $80-120 exp ['s are a little too much for me, a student who hates clad coins now...
Fez
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Fez
I actually attempted to do this with both Lassen and Schoolcraft and trust me its not worth it. You only get a few dollars off (5-15 depending on coins) and then you also have to pay to ship the coins to the gaff makers. You'd be better off just buying pre made gaffs. Now if you want gaffs with custom coins, that's a different story!
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
I got a custom shell set and Cop/Sil made from Lassen. I provided the coins other than the silver. I waited more than year. He forgot about my order and when I reminded him he made them up and sent them for just over half original price because of this.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
979 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
The only advantage is if you have specific, atypical coins in mind like when I sent Todd some higher quality 1850s Seating Liberty for a flipper set.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea And when you let them put togeter the whole set thay will match and fit so much better! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I had Roy Kueppers do me an beautiful unexpanded set in Peace dollars. Remember that you will need to send all the coinsyou want to fit the shell (whether the set is exp or unexp), plus at least one extra coin in case an accident happens while making the [ .
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".