The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Card Manipulation. Eduardo Galeano. Le plus grand cabaret du Monde. (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Wmhegbli, the DVD is available, I've got my copy and it's absolutely AWESOME. One of the best manipulation DVDs nowadays. Absolutely innovative and fresh, undoubtly a MUST have.

As bojanbaristic has stated, if the DVD on the market retails for 29.95 euros, it's ridiculous to expect paying the author only 7 euros when only the costs of duplication of each copy are 3 euros. The author earns 4 euros and the dealer 22,95 euros? That's cheating the author. USA dealers sould be more ethical.

By the way, if you want to buy it you can do it at:
http://www.close-upmagicshop.com/epages/....../eg-0002
http://www.asdetrebol.com/stage-card-man......706.html
http://www.magosartesanos.com/contents/es/d34_05.html#p4352
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
This DVD is available from murphy's magic supplies and more than 300 have been sold to magic shops...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13774

Anyone has a review?
LaurensMalter
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
131 Posts

Profile of LaurensMalter
The DVD is great, lots of new twists to several exhisting productions and some new stuff aswell.
Only downside for me was that Eduardo doesn't explain the effects, maybe he's not confident talking English, I don't know.
Definately a good buy if you like Card Manipulation and want to add some new and modern material to your routine.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Love it. Very inspiring.

Cheers
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow - how did I miss this? Amazing work. Looks like magic to me.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
skilldini
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of skilldini
Eduardo did a fine job. He is working on a great stage, is recognized for his skill and artistry. Bravo.
This question of magic versus manipulation is interesting and should not be used to diminish Eduardo's work.

I was watching a zombie routine today in the zombie category by a man with a user name "magicians".
You could hear an audible gasp at moments of levitation. He apparently used a Dancing Hanky approach.
May have been one kid.
This might be considered magic. A kid saw something he could not process. He was in awe. He gasped.
Wonderful moment.

Hand manipulation with that impact might be achievable.
I think a solid set of split fans is hard to process.
My feke transfer with a silver dollar close up is magical.
But hand manipulation can very easily be less magical and more juggling. Or fumbling.
Especially if the work is fast, "juggly" in nature, and does not have that magical framework.
Move, move, move...personally I do one ball vanish.
I was told in person by Vernon don't produce so many cards. Just enough.

That is why I enjoyed reading the various opinions this morning.
I would like it to be magical and less juggling. Personally.

Then another discussion could result about entertainment?
And another discussion about "is it commercial"?
Or to esoteric?

I think Cardini's character, in the day, and his act structure and staging, etc. made him great.
His routines were understandable. He was tipsy and stuff happens. ethos.
The lit cigarettes, cigar and pipe were magical. He closed with those.
Was his skill, his magic or his character primary in the eyes of the audience?

You can come out and produce a rubber dove and get a reaction.
You can do a ball roll and get a reaction.
I can actually, with a Vernet deck, produce 52 singles standing there....bam bam bam...but it begins to pale.

To get an actual "gasp" is something else.

Skilldini
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Done properly, card manipulation does not appear to be manipulation at all. In previous discussions about this topic, I mentioned a school show where I did card and billiard ball manipulation and a science teacher at the school came up to me afterwards and said, "Those cards and balls came out of your sleeve, right?"

Roy Gardner and Wittus had a great "magicians-only" take on card manipulation in their FISM-award winning comedy act. Gardner would produce cards singly--very, very slowly. At one point he takes an obvious peek behind his hand to see if he has still more cards to produce. It was a classic "in-joke."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Great routine! I look foward to watching the DVD. Is it in English (?)

As to whether it is magic or manipulation, the effects are ambiguous and very deep; semantics
can gloss over latent assumptions.

Martini
gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
Great act Eduardo!!

I learned a lot from you. Thank you.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
713 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Where is Eduardo Galeano now ? Is he still performing?