The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Wizard Product Review number 56. June 15th 2011 (Ringmaster, Kings Crossing, Postcards, Illusions) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Hi Guys, a new episode is now up.

Link to show - Click Here!

Best wishes
Jim
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Great show this week, was mint to see David Jay like!

Tbh, I didn't think Postcards was that much of a worker as I've had a brief look at it and it requires a bit of pocket space, you need a jacket on, and that you have to carry a plastic bag around. The angles aren't too good either.

-Michael
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 07:49, MichaelGristMagic wrote:

Tbh, I didn't think Postcards was that much of a worker as I've had a brief look at it and it requires a bit of pocket space, you need a jacket on, and that you have to carry a plastic bag around. The angles aren't too good either.

-Michael

David Jay Like what? :-S

A Jacket inst a necessity, just an advantage, you can wear whatever has the storage space for a flat packed cardbox! (the plastic bag is no problem for me, as it takes up no space at all, and I also use it for Witness and also Insider, on occasion.)
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for the comments guys.

I have been working postcards since the show and I've just been holding the gimmick in a holder so it takes up no space at all.

A friend of mine had told me that he plans to use this for invisible deck which is think is a great idea!

Craig
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
What is the reset like?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Nevermind. Saw my answer on Youtube.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Yeah.

It takes about 15 to 20 seconds mate. Part of the reset can be done as you are apparently putting the cards back in the box.

Not a problem really

Craig
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"A lot of people have been on the Magic Café and saying can we see a little bit more of Matthew" - David Penn
"Thank you Matthew, the guy who holds it all together" - David Penn

FINALLY!!! Matthew getting the superstar recognition that he fully deserves!

Loved 'Behind the illusions' DVD and will be getting that. It's the area I would have gone into if I 1000s of pounds to spare. Do you really not like illusion work Craig? There was a great one on this years Britain's Got Talent that I'm sure you would have enjoyed if you'd seen it.

Enjoyed 'The Ring Master' (To watch) but I'm sure it has loads of those types of hard moves that made me take up mentalism. Smile

'Kings Crossing' Sorry, didn't like that at all. OK for a kids show where you can belt them around the head if they want to examine the cards, but I don't think it would cut it in the real adult world.

'Postcards' A great magic set opener and is over and 'WOW' before anyone thought you were doing anything. I can see that selling and done in the millions at every restaurant near you very soon.

Well done, a great show (with 3% more Matthew then normal) keep up the good work. Thanks!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Well it seems as though Craig and I have one thing in common. I’m not at all too crazy about large illusions either. Chances are if I happened to be watching “Behind the Illusions” I’d more likely than not fall asleep within ten minutes. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate the skill, and the money that is involved, but they more often than not bore me to death as they all look the same. But hey, that’s just my personal opinion. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Alfalot
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alfalot
I love how it's impossible for Dave to hold a book/DVD without doing the illusionist twisty thingy. (I came up with that name myself)
Alfalot
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alfalot
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 08:46, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:

-Michael

A Jacket inst a necessity, just an advantage, you can wear whatever has the storage space for a flat packed cardbox! (the plastic bag is no problem for me, as it takes up no space at all, and I also use it for Witness and also Insider, on occasion.)

If you want to know the answer to your first question by the way, just look where Michael's from.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 08:50, Craig Petty wrote:

A friend of mine had told me that he plans to use this for invisible deck which is think is a great idea!

Craig

Not at all sure if I'll get this or not, but the idea of using it with the Invisible Deck is freaking fantastic! What an amazing way to produce the "invisible" deck after the spectator names their card! They just seem to kind of naturally go together.
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 12:08, Alfalot wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 08:46, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:

-Michael

If you want to know the answer to your first question by the way, just look where Michael's from.

Aye. Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Great show, as usual. Craig, you got cut off before saying why you like "Postcards" more than "Sudden Deck.". Would be curious to hear your thoughts. And, you do or don't need a jacket?
lefthandrightfoot
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of lefthandrightfoot
Craig & David:

Your show is great - it really is - but it's time to take the training wheels off & make it an hour long show already. That, or give us two half hour shows a week. I'm sick & tired of anxiously awaiting each weeks episode, planing my Wednesday nights around it, getting cocktails made & snacks prepared, etc. only to get less then 30 minutes of the always highly quality entertainment...

You don't always have to review the "new stuff" - feel free to go back some years, we'd love to hear your thoughts on older tricks. Better yet, why don't you take each week to review certain favorites of yours...one week favorite close-up, for table, for walk-around, for parlor, etc. One week mention your favorite card tricks, another your favorite coin tricks(Dave withstanding), then favorite books, favorite DVDs, etc. Review some tricks that came out before the internet blew up. Review magicain's performances...or patter. Mix it up a bit, add other segments, you are growing a nice sized audience guys...time to take things to another level!

I only say this as a fan & because I want to see more. I plan to harass you each & every week until my demands are met. Don't make me swim across the pond & have to break out a can of whoop ass on you two! (John as well) Smile

Thank you for your time & consideration.

Lefthandrightfoot
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes in fact just give up all of your paid unemployment and social time and sit in front of a camera for a 24/7 live feed! Smile
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 05:00, Shrubsole wrote:
Yes in fact just give up all of your paid unemployment and social time and sit in front of a camera for a 24/7 live feed! Smile

Craig and Dave are living on unemployment?! I think perhaps you meant employment. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
I'm sure I can get a joke out of them being paid to do nothing, but instead I'll admit it was a typing mistake in the early hours of the morning when I should have been in bed! Smile
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Question about Postcards, is there any credit to Kuniyasu Fujiwara? He published his appearing deck in Five Times Five: Japan back in 1992 and the method looks the same. In his effect a flat empty case is removed from your wallet and folded into case shape, seconds later a deck is removed.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 01:19, bugjack wrote:
Great show, as usual. Craig, you got cut off before saying why you like "Postcards" more than "Sudden Deck.". Would be curious to hear your thoughts. And, you do or don't need a jacket?

Partly cause it's new and different and therefore a bit more of a challenge! Although I love the presentational concept of a pack of cards being kept in an envelope! I'll keep everyone updated as to how it goes.

Regarding pocket space you do need a pocket but there is no reason you couldn't use a trouser pocket. As I say I'll keep you updated

Craig