The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Princess Card Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
393 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Oldest card trick in the book? Everyone know it? I'm not positive.., (okay, I know every magician knows it) here is what I'm proposing, maybe... I am soon ready to print up new business cards, I wanted to print the fan of 5 cards on the back of my card with my number..., have printed on there to think of any card (like the Princess Card Trick, call a number, and I will have a recording telling them the card they thought of... good idea? Or No? I don't have many good ideas, so please don't steal this lame one....

Another thought, have a few different colored boxes printed on the back, with printed directions to have them pick one, move their finger a certain amount of spaces to the left and right and call a number and I will tell them the color they started at or ended at ala Max Maven,....I think...thoughts, ideas, comments.

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 11:22am
--------------------------------------
Yes, I know if they do it twice they learn that its a trick and not real magic..., duhhh.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2369 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I don't see how this would work using the method the Princess Trick uses.

For starters, you don't explicitly name the spectator's card with the Princess trick. They only infer that you knew the one they were thinking of, when you don't really know it, so the recording can't tell them the card they thought of. If you simply speak the response using the Princess principle, with your business card in their hand they have the ability to compare things which won't work either.

As for the 2nd option with the boxes and directions... again, with the card "forever" in their hands, it wouldn't take long for the principle used to be exposed.

A better approach might be to simply print "think of a card, then call this number". The recording would then say "You thought of the Queen of Hearts" (or some other commonly chosen card). It won't hit 100%, but you'll totally amaze a good percentage of people.