The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Enhancing Your Ability to Work Wonders - by Brad Burt :: Real Secret to Camera Practice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Hey all,

Hope to make this short and useful! What is the 'real' secret to camera practice? Make sure to tape your practice performance from DIFFERENT ANGLES!

For instance: Start with the classic direct in front. Just do your routine or show. Secret: Perform for the camera AS IF it's a person and part of the show. This is actually a lot more difficult for some folks than might be imagined, but you have to FORGET that it's a camera and just work!!! Just ACT.

Now, set the camera up to your right and ratchet it down in height to about what it would be if it was a sitting adult.

Next, move it to your left and raise it up about 6 inches higher than it started when it was in front of you.

Look you don't have to stop at three, but I consider it the minimum. Those three angles will give you a good idea of how your show or routine looks to a wide set of audience variables.

Give it a try and see what I mean.

Remember that looking at yourself in a mirror, even to just do a quick check, which I admit is useful, really only gives you ONE narrow angle of observation!

Take care and knock 'em dead that next show,
Brad Burt