The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Copper silver US quarter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Does anyone make a C/S with a US quarter(clad, NOT silver) and a copper coin like an old half penny or newer 2 pence. Tango makes one but the 50 cent euro coin lacks contrast. Thanks for any help.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Johnson did - or used to - probably still does.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Check the items for sale area. Twocan sells c/s sets including quarter and half size. His sets are beautiful. And reasonably priced.
Kelvin
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I found this reference from years ago:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3

Jamie Schoolcraft said he had some then, perhaps he still does. Obviously you don't want to pay for custom, but it's worth a call. Jamie does work with clad coins occasionally.

It doesn't appear that Johnson still makes a C/S quarter, but you could call them as well and see if they have any laying around: http://johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop/

Also, you could check with these folks to see where they got these:

http://www.mimesis-magic.com/catalog/ite......7592.htm

They are out of stock, but perhaps they can direct you to a manufacturer.

Hope that helps.

Alan
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
If you don't get lucky with johnson or Tango then pm me. I might b
e able to make something up for you in brass and regular quarter. I have some nice quarter size brass coins that look great.
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
http://www.roykueppers.com is the place to find them. He can make any C/S combination you want, and I have one of the US Quarter/2 Pence coins from him. His products are very well made and he always guarantees his work!
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I hear lots of good things about roy.
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Thanks for the suggestions.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-14 09:46, TWOCAN wrote:
I hear lots of good things about roy.

Me too.

I hear a lot of good things about Twocan as well.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
TWOCAN - I can vouch for his quarter C/S sets, including the one with brass coins. Likewise his quarter-size Chinatown set. You won't find anything near as good for the price.

Jim
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Thanks Jim, Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Folks,

The two pence will need to be "shaved" down and depending on the routine or effect, you'll also need a regular two pence shaved as well. Ordered mine from (don't all laugh at once!) Sasco ... very pleased with the work;

Check out the Allen Okawa C/S Qtr. Routine, I believe Todd made his set using some Imperial Thai Coin, very nice;

BWind
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 14:32, BWind wrote:
Ordered mine from (don't all laugh at once!) Sasco ... very pleased with the work;
BWind

Hey, I have to say that I have gotten quite a few things from Sasco in the past and while they may not be custom pieces made by a pro coin gaffer, they have served me well and were well made for what they are. I still use all of them. Granted, I currently have all of my coin pieces done by a gaffer now, but still...
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Heres a set just about Quarter size and works like a chinatown set made with half penny and african nickle,

Click here to view attached image.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
I have one of Paul's (TwoCan) copper/silver quarters. The other sidecis a Danish 5 Ore coin.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I will be posting a few quarter size sets soon. A brass / chinese set. And a half george penny / chinese set.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2011-07-30 16:06, TWOCAN wrote:
I will be posting a few quarter size sets soon. A brass / chinese set. And a half george penny / chinese set.

I own TWO of TWOCAN's CS sets....Beautiful coins in unique combinations. His pricing is very reasonable.