The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Extreme Dean DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Just ordered mine and can't wait till it gets here and I will post a review. Smile Smile Smile
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of nimrod
any in the hands effects ? (no table)

Nimrod , Israel
dr_tezza
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of dr_tezza
has anyone posted a full review yet?
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
Fantastic DVDs. If you want to do a matrix or Shadow Coins routine you really ought to own these.

Unfortunately all (or perhaps all bar one effect) of the effects require the use of a table of some kind and many require the use of a close up pad or smooth tablecloth covered table to facilitate the necessary moves.

Fantastic coin routines are plentiful but many of the effects are of a very similar nature to the next. How many ways of performing matrix do you really need? How ever many you DO think you need, a great version that suits you is bound to be on here somewhere.

The production quality is really good and the performance sections are a real bonus. I'd never seen 'Dean's Box' demoed before and not knowing the effect I am still completely confounded as to how it is done.

A top buy, especially if your performing arena includes a table and close up pad.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Well, actually most of these effects can be done on the floor with a smooth carpet. So if no table is around just get on your knees. The top view is the best view anyway for these kinds of effects.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Just watched the television special ( bonus feature ) on the DVD. My, I think Dean Dill's a brillant performer.... really entertaining.... good showman I would say.... Smile
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
These DVDS RULE! Dean is one of the nicest guys, and these DVDs really show off how great his magic is. I met him at LVMI and I got to see some of these performed live. My favorites are Call shot, and the instant reverasl, and no extras and the backfire. Really great stuff. Now I just need one of his awesome pads.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is one of the best produced DVD projects. Others ( L&L ) could learn alot here!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Are there any clips of any of the effects from the dvd posted anywhere? Smile Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Do most of the routines require gaffs such as shells, special coins, etc.?
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Most of it requires shells. I like "No extras".
Bernard Sim
Magyckmyke
View Profile
New user
Lafayette La
57 Posts

Profile of Magyckmyke
I bought the first DVD in this set from Dean at the COINvention raced home to watch it and loved every bit of it.As mentioned before it has some of his older effects but they have all been redone for this DVD and the way the DVD is setup for effects or explanations is certainly great.I now have to order the second part.I was also able to see his close-up pads in person and have added one to my wish list.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Well I've read all the posts about this DVD set and finally decided to get it after almost a month of thinking it over.I've been wanting some good matrix effects and I decided this was a good DVD to start with. Smile
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2003-09-22 18:35, Magyckmyke wrote:
I was also able to see his close-up pads in person and have added one to my wish list.

Did you see his "Production Pad"? I bought one from him when he was at a convention here in Portland and it is sweet! It allows you to produce four half dollars from under cards, and a giant coin, at any time you want (with out having to go to pockets first). You can also add a stack of cards to a deck shuffled by a spectator very cleanly and without palming. Dean is a very clever guy and puts out quality goods.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Excellent DVD. Dean has such a nice touch in the way he handles coins. No Extras was incredible. I also loved Simple Matrix with Backfire, and Tonight Show Matrix. It's nice to see great table magic without a lot of lapping.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Just got the DVD's. Great stuff! If you don't already have his Intimate Close-Up Miracles video, this is also something very much worth buying. He teaches the wonderful three silk routine that you can see on the Tonight show bonus footage that's included on the first DVD.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Question for you all:

When I first bought these dvds I borrowed a friend's laptop to watch them. I loved them. I bought a dvd player and it won't play these. I have never had a problem with any other dvds. Any clues?

FC
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2003-11-27 11:53, FCpreacher wrote:
Question for you all:

When I first bought these dvds I borrowed a friend's laptop to watch them. I loved them. I bought a dvd player and it won't play these. I have never had a problem with any other dvds. Any clues?

FC

Heard of others who have had problems playing them. Send them back for new ones or a refund.