The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Magic magaizenes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
christernilsson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of christernilsson
I have been collecting magic magazines all my life – I am now 79 years old… Now I must do something – I have no room for the magazine collection. The magic clubs in Sweden will not have the magazines – they have no place for them. Anyone have an idea what to do with all these wunderfull magic magazines full of tricks, history, photos etc? I really do not like to just throw the magazines away… And the postage from Sweden to other countries is too expensive.
There are f.i. Abracadabra 100 vol., Conjurors Magazine, The Gen, The Genii 40 years, Hugard´s Magic, Ibidem no 1 - 36, Jinx, Journal de la Prestidigation, Linking Ring 50 years, Magical Arts Journal, Magic Around the World, Magic, Magic Circular, Magie, Magigram 15 years, Mentalist, M-U-M, Pabular, The New Pentagram, Psycho, Sphinx 20years, Tops och The New Tops, Wizard, Zauberkugel, Zauberkunst and a lot more…
All ideas are welcome here or to christer@magiarkivet.se
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Hi,

You may want to see if the magic clubs will broadcast to their memberships, and you may find individuals willing to take some of them, even if the club as a whole doesn't want the resposibility. You did not specify if you planned to sell them or give them away, but at any club I ever belonged to, it was very easy to give away magazines, and depending on the price, not that difficult to sell them. Of course the price has to be very low.

Often you will find younger members who will love to take them, as their study of magic finds them soaking up information like a sponge! Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company