The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Ring in Wallet by Doug Malloy :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ring in Wallet by Doug Malloy

---------------oOo--------------------

Effect: A ring is borrowed from a spectator, and the performer introduces a velvet cord to which he threads the ring. Very fairly, the ring is seen to visibly penetrate off the cord. The performer offers to repeat the effect, only this time, the ring has vanished off the cord completely! Where did it go? Even the performer is perplexed.

Feeling bad for losing the ring, the magician is prepared. Taking out his wallet, he offers it to the spectator. "Just kidding. Do you accept plastic instead?" he asks. Opening the wallet, the audience and spectator laugh when they see a $200.00 laminated bill. "How about a check?" The performer takes out a check which is stamped with the words "Insufficient Funds!"

After the laughter subsides, the performer calls all attention on the check. It instantly and visibly turns into a genuine $1.00 bill. "Well, we're on the right track, the performer states nervously" "Besides, you can buy a lot for a dollar these days! Remember those 10-10-220 ads?"

The performer now asks the spectator to undo his zipper. "The zipper of the wallet, I mean" he states. The spectator does so, and inside the zippered portion of the wallet is a sealed envelope. The envelope is removed, torn open, and the borrowed ring is seen to tumble out, undamaged, right into the spectator's waiting hands!

------------------------------------

Okay, I'll admit it. When I first heard about this wallet I was not exactly jumping for joy. After all, how many wallet effects can one actually use? I own several gaffed wallets (many being of very high quality), but to be honest, rarely use any of them. Mainly because the theme seems to always be the same (Spectator chooses a card, card is lost in deck, card appears inside magicians wallet). I figure that half the strolling guys in magic are doing some kind of card in wallet, which is reason enough for me to avoid becoming a clone as it were. Smile

But wait, I receive this in the mail from Doug and realize right away that there is something wonderfully different here. Yes, it is different..very different! Smile

I should have realized from the very beginning that this was going to be something pretty special. After all, it is created by Doug Malloy, and like Doug's previous masterpiece The Lemon Game, quality and attention to detail are beyond exemplary. Smile

In addition, the effect is thankfully not just another card to wallet effect (though one can easily use Doug's wallet to perform such a feat if desired), but is a well constructed routine that is not only a real joy to perform, but provides plenty of suspense, comedy and mystery to satisfy even the most fickle of crowds. Smile

The routine is not difficult to learn and for those of you who currently do the standard Card to Wallet bit, you will have absolutely no problem with this at all.

Doug is very meticulous when it comes to working out any kind of effect and Ring in Wallet is no exception. Smile
Everything you need is provided (High quality gaffed leather wallet, velevt cord, Sharpie pen, laminated $200 bill, and the gimmicked check). Also included in this package is a video with Doug giving very detailed instructions allowing you to understand and learn this trick in the shortest time possible. Smile

In closing I think you should know that even with all the material goodies that you receive, I personally feel the biggest value here is not the props themselves, but the routine that Doug has provided. Remember that Doug has used and perfected this trick over the course of thousands of performances, thus giving us an effect that is guaranteed to be a real crowd pleaser and certainly destined to inflate the reputations of magicians everywhere. Recommended. Smile

My rating:

Suggested Retail: $179.95

Available directly from Doug's website:

Click here!

You can also contact Doug Malloy at: doug@malloymodernmagic.com

Checks or money orders (U.S. funds) can be mailed to (Doug also accepts credit cards)

Malloy Modern Magic 1747 East Avenue Q Unit:C1 Palmdale, Ca. 93550 USA Tel/fax:(661) 947-6581

Ring in Wallet is also carried exclusively thru:

Hocus Pocus

2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703 Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040

Questions, chat: (559) 266-515024-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You may also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com

To visit the Hocus Pocus site:

Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks