The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Quick question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joculari
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of joculari
I'm very new to magic alltogether and I was wondering if there are any really good books that are readily available at Barnes & Nobles or Chapters that teach silk magic.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
The best thing to do is go down and check out what each store carries. Of course, you can get many more magic books from the online stores. Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You can buy Karl Fulves “Self Working Handkerchief Magic” from any Barnes and Nobles, Borders, or Amazon’s booksellers. While there are dozens of clever tricks in it, I don’t know if it is what you are looking for.

I think that saving up your money and buying the four-volume set of “Rice’s Encyclopedia of Silk Magic” will better serve you. Then you will have all the silk magic you can stand! Also check out the various silk dealers (many listed in the various threads here at the café). They offer many books and videos on silk magic.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I believe that Barnes & Nobles carries the whole line of Dover paperback magic books. Most are classics. The bad news is that they are seldom illustrated at all. Bill Tarr also has three (larger) paperback books that are excellent because of the great job of illustration.

My first choice is always Harold Rice's set of books. But the limitation you gave is that it must come from Barnes & Nobles. I can undertand that you want to see them first. Barnes & Nobles can do that for you immediately.

Enjoy! Silk magic is great fun.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com