The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Tarbell course contents list. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
Can someone direct me to a complete table of contents list for the Tarbell collection 1-8, rather than the list that is found in the beginning of each

Thanks.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This list is not really complete. If you want the complete list, you will need to BUY one of the books that has a complete index in it. These usually include the sleights that are taught and other important material as well.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Tarbell volume 7 has a WONDERFUL multi category index for the first seven volumes. This was painstakingly compiled by Harry Loraine I believe..........

Volume 8 has its own index and extra material.

Mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The problem with the Index in Volume 7 is that it is basically chopped up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
Thanks for trying guys. I recall at some point seeing a piece of paper that had the whole list of 1-7. I think it was an ad for the series, but have yet to see it again.
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
If you go to http://magicref.tripod.com/bookssz/tarbell1.htm you will find a table of contents for Volume One. Substitute "tarbell2.htm, tarbell3.htm, etc. in the URL and you will find the contents of all the volumes. You can copy and paste the contents into one large list if you want. As far as alphabetizing the info you'll need to do that yourself.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
597 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
196 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
I've had to move my magic book table of contents pages from Tripod as they are not a good modern hosting provider.
The new site is here: https://magicref.net/magicbooks/

The Tarbell books are listed near the bottom of the main index. I compiled these contents lists by going through the books, not just by copying the Table of Contents as listed in the books, so they should be pretty complete. However, they were done quite some time ago.

To the points above, these are contents listings, not indexes, so they don't go into detail of sleights used, etc., but for most of the volumes I included descriptions of the effects.

Hope this helps!