The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Bill King Passes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Long time collector and magic hisotrian, Bill King of Hagerstown, Maryland has passed away. If you ever had the opportunity to see his collection, you saw the most complete collection of 20th century magic assembled. Every manufacturer had a little wooden 3-D plaque by all his apparatus. Yes, it was primarily by manufacturer. P&L, Merv Taylor, Starr, Marshall, Abbott;s, Holden, Sherms, RNT, RNT2, MIngus, Swoger, Grant, etc. Of course, he did have section on fingechoppers and other unique items. He had a complete set of the S.S. Adams items including the displays.

He was always willing to share his knowledge and his collection with others. RIP dear friend. I am sure you are talking to all the guys who stuff you so lovingly collected and cared for so many years.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
What sad news! I was privileged to browse his collection only once a number of years ago. He and I kept trying to hook up but mainly played phone tag! What a missed opportunity for me! Rest in peace friend.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just saw this post now. So sorry to hear this news.

Ron Allesi has some photos of Mr. King's collection on his site:
http://www.ronallesimagic.com/spotlight.php
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Just finished reading the book he published on fellow magician Bob Kline. Not only was I impressed with Bob's work and craftsmanship but, Bill had a sample of just about everything that Bob ever built!

I just went online see if I could get in touch with Bob ... only to find out he passed away in the past few years. Both amazing men dedicated to the art of magic!

Steve