The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Building Blocks Extended (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Has anyone seen this, and does anyone know how it is different than the original? I went through some trouble to get the original last year, and am wondering whether there is anything about the new one that might warrant a look if one already has the original.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It tells you on the alakazam site what the extra bits are...
I've asked to be banned
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Thanks, I just checked out the Alakazam description and it is the same very general product description that I've seen elsewhere. The only difference that I saw is on the questions and answers page where there is a vague thing about "the extra material in this book is already available".

Can anyone comment on what that means, or on what someone who has already read the first BB might get out of this one?
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
359 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I was wondering the same. Likely it is just a grammatically fixed and updated version of the book, as that seemed to be a primary issue and complaint with the the first edition.

The new edition contains Room 101 and Central Reservation. Both were previously released separately. Although, if I'm not mistaken, Central Reservation had a much more limited release.

Hope it helps.
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Extended means more material, that's it.
Iain has right, read the alakazam add.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
I've just got it, give me a few days to read it and I can post back..!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 4, 2011, timski523 wrote:

Its been nearly 5 years....has anyone got a review yet??

Sleepy
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Quote:

Sleepy

It's good. Full of suggestion based routines. Definitely not for beginners.

Sincerely,

SH
May you live in interesting times.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, Sam Hagen wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Quote:

Sleepy

It's good. Full of suggestion based routines. Definitely not for beginners.

Sincerely,

SH

Thanks....I'm not sure what I would class myself.... I mean I have a lot of knowledge about mentalism and how it works and how to carry it out properly but I don't perform that much of it.... Will this book be good for me??

Sleepy
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
833 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
If you have no or very little practical experience with suggestion, then no.
(it is definitly advanced on that regard)
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
A question...I'm quite young..15 years old but have been doing magic and mentalism for 8 Years... I've learnt in suggestion that sometimes specs have to take you seriously if you know what I mean...do you think if presented well I would be able to do things from this book... I have been pushing to do lots of suggestion routines in the last month and have got a generally high success rate...but are these effects harder and more ballsy to pull off??also can anyone post all the effects in this AMD a quick description if possible??

Sleepy
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Hi Sleepy. Good question. I think building blocks has less to do with specific effects and more with helping your performance. It has been quite awhile since I read it so I apologize if this isn't a ton of help. Keep working at !!!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
If you are performing for someone who is older than you, you will often times run into resistance to suggestion based effects. This is because adults just may not pay attention to you. That's not saying they can't work - Anthony Jacquin's kid was doing Magnetic Fingers at 5 years old.

I honestly think your best bet would be to start with bits that look like suggestion, but have a physiological basis, and then enhance that with suggestions, and build from there.

Jermay's material is not for the faint of heart. He wrote Building Blocks when he was 17, though - so that should tell you whether the material can work for younger performers. A little time on Google will allow you to find several reviews and descriptions of what is in the book.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for your suggestions guys (pun intended😂)....anyway adding onto what witchdocchris was saying... I going to intermingle suggestion between sire fire effects...so when I start with some sure fire effects it kinda builds Mt reputation as someone that is experienced then after a Couple if sure fire effects I go into some suggestion then back out with sure fire ....thanks again

Sleepy