The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Wizard Product Review 48 - 20-4-2011: (Legacy, Smoke, Minimax, IncREDiBULL) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I actually decided to purchase the trick after watching the review. I have ordered several tricks after watching reviews on this show. Some I liked some I didn't. But I enjoy the heck out of the show and would like to see Matthew some more. He was obviously nervous but the trick worked. I enjoy the show guys keep up the good work.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 12:36, booswain wrote:
I actually decided to purchase the trick after watching the review. I have ordered several tricks after watching reviews on this show. Some I liked some I didn't. But I enjoy the heck out of the show and would like to see Matthew some more. He was obviously nervous but the trick worked. I enjoy the show guys keep up the good work.

Wow...I guess that review back fired on them if you then decided to purchase it!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying using it.
Yeah, in all honesty I'd also like to see more of Matthew performing a few tricks here and then.
If he could get through that fiasco, and then still insist that a trick is good, he can get through anything! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 10:27, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 09:13, equivoque wrote:
Clearly this is a nice routine with good quality props that will play well at a magic shop when demoed. All that aside, unless your a a hobbyist looking to show your friends at work something, $50. may seem like a bit much for the impact of this effect.

I still can’t comprehend this ridiculous rational that this effect is only good for hobbyists, and or for demonstrating at a store, which of course makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard anyone refer to a magic trick by saying; “Well, it’s a good demo trick, but that’s about it”! As for its size it really packs quite small as it only measures: 3 ¼” x 5” and is only ¼ “ thick.

Other than that I’d strongly suggest you find a different magic dealer to purchase your tricks from!
I got mine for $36.00 and retail price is $39.99 and not $50.00!

Not ridiculous at all. Well not ridiculous to me at least as I am the one who thought it. But you did raise a flaw in my reasoning. The price. I would have had a hard time selling this effect at 50 dollars when I used to be a demonstrator in a shop. The other effect I mentioned was less than ten dollars. But then again the wallet looks like it could be used for other effects so that might have helped my sells pitch. And maybe that does justify the 50 dollar price tag.

I'm sure there will be people that enjoy this effect and get good use out of it. I'm only here to share my "ridiculous" opinion.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 21:21, rnaviaux wrote:

Not ridiculous at all. Well not ridiculous to me at least as I am the one who thought it. But you did raise a flaw in my reasoning. The price. I would have had a hard time selling this effect at 50 dollars when I used to be a demonstrator in a shop. The other effect I mentioned was less than ten dollars. But then again the wallet looks like it could be used for other effects so that might have helped my sells pitch. And maybe that does justify the 50 dollar price tag.

I'm sure there will be people that enjoy this effect and get good use out of it. I'm only here to share my "ridiculous" opinion.

You quoted my post, but have yet seemed to miss something!
The trick is NOT, and I repeat, NOT $50.00!!
I'd strongly suggest you read my post again, aside from the fact that you even quoted me on it!

Other than that, what else can I say, and or respond to if someone cannot bother to read what I said?
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 23:27, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 21:21, rnaviaux wrote:

You quoted my post, but have yet seemed to miss something!
The trick is NOT, and I repeat, NOT $50.00!!
I'd strongly suggest you read my post again, aside from the fact that you even quoted me on it!

Other than that, what else can I say, and or respond to if someone cannot bother to read what I said?

So sorry to upset you. My misunderstanding. I just rechecked vanishing inc site. Looks like its only 39.99 there.

I did read what you said but clearly misunderstood it. But I am glad you corrected me on it in such a clear and forthright way so that there would be no further misunderstanding on my part. Clearly I was in the wrong but at least I wasn't merely being ridiculous since it was an honest mistake.

I find it also great that you were able to get it for an additional few dollars off! 36.00 dollars seems like a very fair price. Did you pick it up at a brick and mortar shop or online? If it was online did they give you free shipping? I was off by 14 dollars which I think is a significant amount. Once again sorry about the misunderstanding. Combine with your post and Equivoques post I had gotten the impression that the effect in question cost 50 dollars.

Wait a moment...I just rechecked Vanishing Inc's site. With shipping the total is $45.49. Hmmm...I guess if one were to round that up one might get the wrong idea that it costs 50 dollars. So it might have not been a mistake on Equivoques part after all. But I most certainly didn't do my research so when you said,

"Other than that I’d strongly suggest you find a different magic dealer to purchase your tricks from!
I got mine for $36.00 and retail price is $39.99 and not $50.00!"

You meant the retail price is 39.99 at Vanishing Inc. I thought you were referring to another site you had found but again it was clearly a problem of my reading comprehension skills and I take full blame for not understanding what you meant.

I hope you can accept my apology and forgive me for this grievous wrong that I have committed.

The good news is now that you have clarified the matter of the price I can see that it will certainly be easier for dealers to sell it at the asking price. Not to mention other sites which charge a few dollars less.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
First prize for the smarmiest post I have ever read.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
I have smoke, and I realy like it!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
The reason I liked Matthew on the show is that he is not a professional magi. Much like myself...i just stumble through most tricks. I have some mild skill but would never be able to make a living. That said probably most professional magi would not by Legacy but not becuase its not a neat trick. It looks well made and could be fun. I show tricks to the people I work with and my wife, who almost always figures me out. I am not criticizing the trick in any way it looks wonderful and I am putting my purchase behind my interest.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 07:42, slyhand wrote:
First prize for the smarmiest post I have ever read.

lol....Actually I don’t blame rnaviaux in the least with his response as I admittedly did go a tad overboard in regards to the price. I must have eaten a bad Easter egg, so my apologies and I deserved both smarmy barrels! Smile

When you get into the price range of this trick, or any trick for that matter, plus or minus $10.00 is a lot of money. Well, at least it is in my mind, and of course taking into consideration these difficult economic times. So with that in mind, I’ve seen Legacy referred to twice on this thread with a $50.00 price tag and I merely wanted to set the record straight, which I seem to have accomplished with the finesse of the proverbial bull in a china shop.

If at all possible I order from Penguin which offers free shipping, and I always use their discount code which is why I only paid $36.00. So far every online dealer that I checked on is selling it for either $39.95 or $39.99. Well....enough said about the price, at least from me! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
Give Mattew a second (fair!) chance.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 16:11, Stapper wrote:

Hey....by all means! However the word "fair" would of course be the operative word here. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 16:11, Stapper wrote:

Seconded!!
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
And is it an good idea: the new Tarbell course in magic: one book for e nice price?
Will it be 100% ?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
WOW!! How about them Braves? (For the uninitiated, that's the Atlanta Braves.)

Seriously, a deceased equine stays dead. No need to keep beating on it.

Move along folks, nothing more (or new) to see here.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I love WPR and I think Dave and Craig are awesome. I read the other reviews on The Magic Café for Legacy and decided to purchase it. I have performed it twice this week and the results have been awesome! I could not be happier with my purchase. This is one of those tricks that is easy to perform and lets the magi totally focus in on the performance. I LOVE those types of effects.
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Dave And Craig the puppets was I bit over the top on jamie badmans trick Legacy just seen it on Wizardfx.tv