The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Best way to force a page number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stevegreene
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of stevegreene
Hey I need to be able to force a 3 digit page number any suggestions? the first 2 digits can be random but I need the last number to be able to be forced

I was thinking a change bag.. but I really want to save the change bag for a different trick later on in the show
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You could use the old force a playing card or if you want to use a prop, try the Clear Force Bag.

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 4:28am
I suggest you take a look at mental magic books, these will deal with the forcing of numbers. I don't do mental magic anymore, so maybe someone can suggest a source.
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
You might find some ideas in "Hidden Numerical Forces" by Thomas Henry. Be warned, however, that onece you pick up that book, you'll have trouble putting it down before you've read every page!

Murf
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
731 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Try a deck of number cards.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
If you need to force a page or bank of pages try doing a riffle force with the book.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-04-19 10:22, isaaclouie wrote:
If you need to force a page or bank of pages try doing a riffle force with the book.

That's what I was thinking.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Check out Mental Directory from E-Magic Supply. It is a phone book test that is very simple and easy involving a force that may work.
Jeremy Gates
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
I think that any method of forcing a card will fit your need, just by forcing a card with the value of the digit that you want to force.
Micky
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The Hoy Book Test method is what I would use. Smile
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
What is the context of the routine??? great ideas here, but if they don't fit in with the rest of the routine which none of us know, then they wont really be effective. IM sure though if you explain it, someone here can lead you in the correct direction Smile

Best
Eli