The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Engagement Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
A friend wants me to help him propose to his girlfriends using magic. Anyone have any good ideas that you could help me with.

Thanks,
Chris
perceptions
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of perceptions
> Twilight Angels (Paul Harris)-- two hearts (lovers) united forever.
> Chop Cup routine using a Hersey's Syrup Can and Hersey Kisses (one loaded with a magnet)
> Any Ring Flight / Himber Ring routine whereby a borrowed ring links with a engagement ring.
> The Napkin-To-Rose effect with an engagement theme.
> Any card selection-reveal trick with diamonds pips -- "girls best friend" theme.

Magiicc, you wrote: "girlfriends" as in more than one? In which case, you should consider; "Stranger's Gallery" by John Bannon,:(
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Anniversary Waltz.
Tell them that they're meant to be together.
"But there isn't a door"
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
612 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I proposed using a handling of Ring in Walnut by John Shryock.
YT/TT/FB/IG: magicman506
Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
Thanks so much, I appreciate the help!

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 10:43am
Perceptions, I didn't realize that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there is only one. HAHA!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
For future reference, or if it is not too late for this one: Floating Rose can be done as close-up with a smaller piece of flash paper and a smaller rose. Also, Candy Kiss by Scotty York would work wherein the ring would be part of the final load. Also, Linking Lover Bands would be a cool effect too, and they would have a permanent, lasting souvenir.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Girlfriends? Wow, lucky guy.

Maybe Gary Kurtz's Attraction, where two rings come together. It's in his book and on one of his DVDs.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I proposed to my wife with a magic trick. I don't remember the name of this trick and I don't have the trick anymore. But here's how it went:

Seven cards with the letters Y,M,A,E,M,R,R are displayed in seven positions in a long rectangular box. I take the cards out and give them to her. I shuffle the cards and she gives me one of the cards face down so she doesn't see the letter. She calls where she wants to card to go (position one, two,..., or seven). After seven times of this, I show her that the order of the cards that she picked spell M,A,R,R,Y,M,E.

It worked.
labound
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of labound
I proposed with a floating napkin and opened it to find this ring with a strange rock mounted to it. I was so worried the thread was going to break, and so relieved when she smiled. Looking back, I probably looked like total magic geek... oh yea, I am...