The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Rabbit from a hat...and a few other things (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
This idea was inspired by this thread. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=5&53

I accept it is not for everyone and may indeed appall, however for the right audience I think it would work.

I have 2 variations:

From a hat pull a rabbit, make big show of cuddling rabbit. Pull out ....loads of stuff, more than would fit...including a bunch of carrots, onions, wine, a knife and a saucepan.

Version 2. Same as before but pull the rabbit out last.

(obviously you don't actually kill the rabbit) wait for the laughs, close curtain.
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
Great idea if it can be done without scaring any children. I would have skipped the knife if children are present, though. I would have produced rabbit first and pretend that this was all. Get your applause. Then go for the funny effect. What about taking it one step further and have a serving tray with a huge curved lid and transform the rabbit to a suitable piece of meat. That way you magically relieve the tension of killing the rabbit.