The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Finger Ring Routines (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Dude, a few years ago I was bit'en by the ring and string bug. I loved the idea of freely pulling out a string and then borrowing a ring and being able to play to a large or small audience. I purchased a lot of the DVD's you see suggested on this thread.

You can watch the following routine at my website at http://www.jonathanmagic.com I haven't really contributed anything "new", I just borrowed good "moves" and one liners and put them together.

TYPE OF STRING: "Plush velvet cord" as suggested by Gregory Wilson in The Ring Leader. Here's a place you can get it.. http://www.barnowskymagic.com/pricelistkotr3.html

RING I use my own ring(s) then, I try to borrow one.
I took Bob Miller's advice (relentless ring and string) by beginning using my own ring. This is good, especially since people may not be wearing a ring to offer you...
Also, it's easier for people to decide to let you borrow their ring, it at first, they see you use your OWN ring!

1ST EFFECT: Using my own ring (and a dupe) I perform the same move you see in "leaving home" by Jay Sankey". Jay uses his home key(s) I use my ring(s).
You have to secretly thread the duplicate ring on the string while they are examining the other ring and the string - learned that from Gregory Wilson's Ring Thing DVD".

2ND EFFECT: I borrow a ring and do Jay Scott Berry's false thread. Again, if no one has a ring to borrow, I still do Jay's move but then...that's all folks - end of my routine!!

3RD EFFECT: This move is talked about in almost every ring and string DVD...You appearently take the ring off and then "pop" it back on. The handling I learned "morphed" into my own handling.

FINALE: INTERLACE by Richard Sanders!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best finale in my opinion!!!!!!! http://www.jonathanmagic.com
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Is Jay Scott Berry's false thread taught anywhere, thanks?
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I learned Jay Scott Berry's "Master false thread" on his SYMPHONY ON THE RING AND RIBBON dvd.. I
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
If you get to see Gregory Wilson lecture, he does a new move for the ring and string routine that he learned after he finished the Ring Leader project. It's great. He learned it from someone else - can't remember who right now - but he said he definitely would have tried to get permission to include it on the Ring Leader DVD had he known it at the time.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.