The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Format Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys!

On this weeks show we are trying something different. Rather than our standard 4 reviews we are going to be conducting a series of interviews with famous magicians and getting them to perform for us. We are always trying to evolve the show and we think this might be a fun thing to do from time to time.

We would like to know what you think of this revised format. Good? Bad? Let us know!

Thanks

Craig
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Might need a bigger couch/sofa. Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
It is like Richard Osterlind said: use the old ideas, because they are great.

I loved the review by two magicians, who knows the secret, without revealing it.
It makes clear, is it worth the time and money, or not.
Is it worker of the week or trash of the week?

Ok, now you are at Blackpool, so using this format.
I hope you will (after this) use the old format !!!
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
It was great to see mathieu bich, osterlind and eric jones
but go back to the old format.. please

I love the idea of the 30minute show..
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Also on this new episode.. I know Osterlind is magic royalty
but craig calm down with the reactions... I even thought Osterlind was going to scream MINDFREAK and pretend to eat the camera at the end of it..
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Lol yes the reactions seemed a little forced (perhaps they weren't, but it still made me laugh).

I wouldn't call this a new format for the WPR, more of just a "special." I think changing things up like this every once and a while is healthy, but I already miss the old show after just a two-week absence Smile .
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I really like this week's show and the format. Would be happy to see it again, or this kind of interview format mixed in with the normal product reviews.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your comments guys.

Perhaps Format Change is the wrong way to describe what we were doing with this show. It was a format change just for this week and next week then we will be going back to normal. We will probably revisit this style again but only at special occasions. Our main focus always has been and always will be reviews!

Regarding the reactions - they were genuine. I love magic and when something fools me I love it and react this way. I remember at the Session convention Danny Garcia thinking I was winding him up when he was fooling me over and over and I was reacting just like this. I'm also very easy to fool because when I look at magic I want to be fooled — I don't try and work it out, I just want to enjoy it.

Hope this helps

Craig
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Fair enought... I love the show
above all.. if it is going to be a 30 minute show.. if possible could it always be a Trash of the week? that's what makes me laugh the most
and thanks for all your hard work...
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
496 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Another LOL MPR. I thought the change-up was fun and I nice change of pace. I have to believe Mr. Jones will move some product after his demo.

-Feral
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Have you consider in applying for a job as an L&L audience member?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I dunno Alex.

I might **** John off when I officially become the most over the top spectator in the whole of L & L history. Probably wouldn't be worth annoying him!!!

Craig
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Is all in good fun Smile
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Here is a good format change, try a little less Craig ranting and putting down professional magicians and more Dave getting to say something every now in then. On second thought, Please stick to your current format Craig, I want to see you bust a blood vesicle just once with your unnecessary rubbish rants.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
So basically Floyd your hoping I die.

Nice guy, thanks!

Craig
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
LOL no don't be silly, not die Craig.. You are taking it the wrong way, kinda like everyone did with your ranting comment about Dan Harlan, and other well respected magicians. Come on now I don't want you to die from it, just pop a small blood vesicle in your eye or something Geee.

Your Welcome!
Floyd

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Yeah... still not funny floyd..
I thought magicians with rubber chickens were funnier than that
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Rant On! ...... there should be more of that in magic and less ass kissing....... it's a funny show, the minute you stop being honest it won't be.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 10:37, alpha alex wrote:
Yeah... still not funny floyd..
I thought magicians with rubber chickens were funnier than that

You are all taking this to serious here, I mean no harm to anyone!!! but comedy magicians cut off their arms, rip off their fingers. With the right prop you can make blood squirt from your eye (NOT FOR REAL PLEASE!). I think it would be just as funny as when I watch Craig try and rip on other magicians... I mean think about it,, it would be hilarious, he already has the red face going most the time when he is ranting, and then wham!!! Just like the comedy skit they did at Dan expense after reviewing switch blade. Way to go guys,,, great acting there... NOT!

However if your telling me Craig's over the top rants and snide comments are for real and not just for the show then maybe I am wrong! in that case!!! Forget I said anything... But be honest!! yeah that's what your doing being honest.
Smile

--Floyd

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Floyd,

The Wizard Product is an entertainment show - we have fun and make fun of a lot of issues but the reviews are serious. If we believe something is good we say so, if we think it's not good we say so - we are always honest with our opinions (and they are just out opinions). I've said it before but the WPR has no friends - only viewers.

There is a lot of bad products that come out these days, would you rather nobody ever say anything about these products? Yes, we have ranted about certain items but we have also raved about others. It seems that as a general rule it is only artists and producers that have a problem with what we say and never when we say something positive about a product. Strange that!

Craig