The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Matt Mello Modern Mentalism vols 1 & 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Just bought the above on the basis of the Wizard Review....they loved it.

Whilst I am not unhappy I bought it it does seem to be a few good effects with a lot of filler. I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Danny
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Danny.

I did say there was filler on the DVDs but there are a few routines that are really great.

We took 30 copies of each DVD to Blackpool and I was Deming them by performing PS I Love You, ACAAN and Handy Prediction. We had sold out of all the DVDs within the first 3 hours!

It's frustrating that there is so much filler but there are some good effects.

Craig
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
As I say I am not unhappy....but (as I think you also said) there was one good DVD there.

Just wondered what everyone else thought.

Keep up the good work!

Danny
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
I think there is already a long thread on this DVD set where everyone else slates it and Craig puts on his tin hat. Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Ah - found that thread.

Many thanks

:0)
Spader II
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Spader II
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 18:57, Craig Petty wrote:
Hi Danny.

I did say there was filler on the DVDs but there are a few routines that are really great.

We took 30 copies of each DVD to Blackpool and I was Deming them by performing PS I Love You, ACAAN and Handy Prediction. We had sold out of all the DVDs within the first 3 hours!

Craig

Craig with all due respect, do not call it Any Card At Any Number (ACAAN). It is ONLY a Card At Any Number (CAAN). It is a good trick though.
trouser
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of trouser
I purchased both DVDs and I really like most of the stuff on them (The only effects I'm not too keen on are Coffee Melt and Instinct). The effects are simple and would appeal to people that want an approachable start in mentalism. I'm only a hobbyist, but I've been using many of the "filler" effects recently and have received good reactions.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2414 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-24 13:08, Spader II wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 18:57, Craig Petty wrote:
Hi Danny.

Craig

Craig with all due respect, do not call it Any Card At Any Number (ACAAN). It is ONLY a Card At Any Number (CAAN). It is a good trick though.

You can perform it as an ACAAN really easily - just use 2 decks.

Craig