The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Straight Deck by Brian Caswell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Don-G
View Profile
Regular user
Cheshire England
166 Posts

Profile of Don-G
Has anyone used the trick, Straight Deck by Brian Caswell, I have seen a video clip of the effect but can't seem to find who sells it. Is it a self working trick, does it require a much memory work as being a senile geriatric, that could be a problem.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 17:19, Don-G wrote:
Has anyone used the trick, Straight Deck by Brian Caswell, I have seen a video clip of the effect but can't seem to find who sells it. Is it a self working trick, does it require a much memory work as being a senile geriatric, that could be a problem.

Don-G,
Try here:
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-STRAIG......ll-.html

The Alakazam USA site doesn't seem to carry it.....
Anyway, hope this helps!

Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Straight deck is not 1 trick, but 3. The demo you saw is Spooky. Very clever principal, I've never seen anywhere else.

Frans
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
It's a great trick but at £11.99 for a one trick download it's a bit much.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
It's a three-trick download.
Don-G
View Profile
Regular user
Cheshire England
166 Posts

Profile of Don-G
Thanks a lot for the info already given Alakazam UK does stock the item. If it is three tricks then the price is reasonable for a download. Can anyone tell me if there are any difficult sleights involved or complicated handling. I like to recommend certain effects to the junior magic club that I organize but I am not greatly into card magic myself as I entertain children. If I can't at least use it myself then I would not be able to demo the trick and pass on the buying info to them.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 22:13, ejohn wrote:
It's a three-trick download.

I stand corrected, I actually forgot about the other two tricks; probably because after reading them I realised they weren't for me. Either way £11.99 is still expensive for a 3 trick pdf compared to some books ie. Joshua Jay's Complete Course Book & DVD (£9.08) or Royal Road (£5.88) both available from Amazon post free in the UK.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile